Blogging tips

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Random Thoughts on Boy Meets World




During my student teaching (due to being up very early), I discovered that Boy Meets World comes on in the early morning hours. This was one of my favorite shows growing up. When Boy Meets World came on the Disney Channel, Mom would get mad at me for watching it because she said we’d seen every episode already. I couldn’t resist watching it, though. It’s just a great show.

Recently, I remembered that Boy Meets World still comes on. So, I set our DVR to record it. Every day I have two new episodes of one of my favorite shows. They come on in order. When I first started recording them, it was showing the college episodes (probably my favorite). Then, it got to the last episode (which I teared up during) and so now it has started over from the beginning. So recently I’ve been watching the first episodes (probably my least favorite).

While watching this show from the two extremes, I’ve made some observations. The first thing I noticed is that Eric was a normal person in the beginning episodes. He became weirder and weirder as the show went on. He was one of the funniest characters, but weird. Also, I noticed that Topanga was weird in the beginning episodes. She became normal in later episodes. Another thing that has always been weird to me is how in later episodes, Cory and Topanga talked about how they had always been in love and they’d fell in love on the playground as young children. Yet, in beginning episodes, they didn’t even like each other! Topanga was not a main character in the beginning. The last thing I learned on the episode I am currently watching is that in the beginning, Shawn had a sister. He mentioned a sister, yet didn’t have a sister in later episodes.

Anyway, this blog has been completely pointless. It is just some things I noticed while watching Boy Meets World. I think it’s funny how after the show started, it seems like they decided to take it in a different direction. I’m glad they did, though, because I like the direction it went in.

No comments: