It's the second Tuesday of the month which means I'm linking up for my favorite book related link up, Literary Junkies!
1. What are you reading? Tell us about it!
I am currently reading Enchanter by Joanne Wadsworth. It's the 3rd book in the Magio-Earth series. If you like fantasy and romance, I'd recommend these books to you. You can buy all 3 books in this series for your Kindle for less than $10!
In these stories, young people can find their "soul bound" mate who is literally their other half. This particular story follows Silvie and Guy who (like the others in the previous books) are from opposite warring countries. They have to try to find a way to forget each other or see each other without their kings finding out.
2. Do you find yourself reading more of a particular genre during the heat of summer?
For the most part, I'll read anything during the summer. Usually, if I'm going on vacation I like to take "light" reads. For example, I'll read romance novels, or chick lit, or just fun books that don't require a lot of thought.
3. Who are your favorite book villains (either to love or to hate?)
A villain I enjoy is Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series. Of course, he's not the "main villain" and there are plenty of more evil characters. However, he serves as a good foil for Harry Potter and also represents the bully that every story taking place at a school must have. I would have loved to have known more about him. I feel like there's much more to his character and he sort of redeems himself in the end.
I also love the Grinch from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He's one of my favorite characters ever.
As a Harry Potter fan, I can't leave out Snape. *SPOILER ALERT* You spend the whole series disliking this man, especially from the end of the 6th book through most of the 7th. BUT THEN...you find out he was a hero all along. He's another character I'd love to know more about.
Lastly, I enjoyed the character Cain in the Gone series. He is similar to Snape in that he did some bad and he did some good. He was a complex character.
4. If you could choose one author’s writing powers to harness, who would you choose and why?
My first choice would be JK Rowling. I love how she can weave a story so complex yet everything fits together. I love the symbolism she included in Harry Potter and the characters she developed.
5. Do you read one book at a time, or read multiple books at once?
Usually, I only read one book at a time. Occasionally, I will read more than one book. This usually happens if I'm reading a nonfiction and want to also read something entertaining at the same time. I will also read more than one book if I have a lot of books on my to read list and just can't wait.
6. What are some of your favorite non-fiction books?
Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis and Orphan Justice by Johnny Carr are two of my all time favorites. I also really enjoyed Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain and 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.
What about you? Have you read anything good lately? Do you have a favorite nonfiction to recommend?

3 comments:
I really want to read Kisses from Katie! I'm glad to know you enjoyed it.
Draco is another good choice for villan. I'd like to know more about him, too.
Oh, the Grinch! I forgot about him. He is a great villain! I would have added him to my list if I had remembered... :-)
Post a Comment