


Well…it’s done…school that is…at least for now. I am a college graduate. It hits me sometimes that I am moving into a completely new phase in my life. So far, I have not heard back from any school in North Carolina. It kind of worries me because I really want a teaching job. Another part of me, though, is calm about the whole situation because I know that God is in control. This move to North Carolina is requiring a large amount of faith on our part.
This weekend Lee and I will be flying to North Carolina to meet with the people of Theresa Baptist Church. This church is considering Lee for their youth minister. We have met informally with a few members of the youth pastor search committee. This weekend will be a formal meeting with the whole committee. We will also be attending their church service. I am excited about this opportunity for Lee. I know he desires to serve in a church. However, I’m scared at the thought of flying. I’ve never flown before and I’m kind of nervous. On the other hand, I’m grateful to the people of Theresa Baptist Church. They are trying to help me find a job in their town and they’re trying to help us find a place to live. If you read this, I ask that you will say a prayer for Lee and I this weekend.
We have a lot of unknowns in our future. Where will we live? Where will we work? Will we have enough money to pay our bills? Are we making the right decisions? It can become very overwhelming and very easy to be overcome with worry. What good is worrying, though? Will worrying change anything? We have done all we can do to prepare for our future. We have to trust that God will provide where He leads us.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear. Is life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after these things, and your heavenly father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." –Matthew 6:25-34
~Megan~
No comments:
Post a Comment