I’m 2 days away from being a college graduate! My feelings are so mixed right now. I’m excited about the things that I have coming up in my life. I’m excited about the opportunity to try new things. At the same time, I’m nervous and scared of the unknown. My whole life up until this point has been going to school as a student. I’ve been under the care and responsibility of my parents. I’ve lived in the same area and had the same friends. All of that is about to change. I’m getting married. I will have to think of someone else ahead of myself. We’re moving to North Carolina where I will only know a handful of people. We’ll be responsible for taking care of ourselves. I don’t know what the future holds, but we feel that this is the path God is leading us down. So, we have to trust Him and trust that He will take care of us.
One of my new favorite verses and a verse that has been on my mind a lot lately is 1 John 3:18- “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” This is a truth that I hope to apply in my marriage and my life. It is so easy for us to “talk the talk,” especially as Christians. We know all the right things to say. How often, though, do we act on what we say. Love should be a verb. We should show Christ’s love through our actions. Talking is easy, but acting out our love requires faith and it’s not always easy.
I have been growing my hair out for the past few years. I want to have longer hair when I get married. However, this long hair is getting on my nerves. So, I’m ready to get it cut after getting married. The other day, I walked past the mirror and noticed how long my hair had gotten and a thought occurred to me. When I get my hair cut, I can donate it to Locks of Love. This is probably the only time my hair will be this long. Locks of Love requires at least 10 inches of hair. So, my hair still needs to grow some more, but I have time. If cutting off 10 inches requires my hair to be a little shorter than desired, it will grow back. I share this to say that I am trying to begin to act on my desire to help people and love through actions. I’m also hoping that by sharing this, it will keep me accountable to actually follow through with it.
I hope to use this blog to keep my thoughts in order and to share what’s going on in my life with friends and family. I know that there are a lot of changes coming in my life, so hopefully this will make for a good read
Until next time,
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment