Blogging tips

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

O' Spring, Where Art Thou?!?

While living in Alabama, I always loved fall/winter. I couldn’t wait for it to get cold. However, it was never cold for very long. Now that we’re in North Carolina, I’ve been able to experience cold. It has been a cold winter and now I can’t wait for warmer weather. The nice thing about North Carolina is that the weather will be pleasant for a while before it gets hot. Even better is the fact that when it gets hot, it’s not “OMG I can’t breath. I don’t want to go outside or even move” hot. I miss a lot about home, but I don’t miss Alabama summers.

Recently, I’ve been crafting in preparation for Spring.

While walking through Hobby Lobby one day, I see a craft idea paper for bandana strip flip flops. I bought some materials to make myself a pair. Then, I decided to use this craft for a youth girls’ weekend retreat. So, now I have two pairs. They are very easy to make and VERY cheap. One pair of flip flops and two bandanas from Hobby Lobby was less than $5.





My second spring craft is a tulle wreath. I love how it turned out, but it was a pain to make. Cutting tons of tulle strips was no fun. I do have plans to make a second tulle wreath, though. I am very excited about this one. I think it’s going to be very cute.



Now that I have my spring wreath hanging up…it’s time for that warm, spring weather to arrive!

No comments: