Blogging tips

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Recently, I mentioned to Lee how it would be neat (in the future) when we have children to grow a small garden. I thought it would be a fun learning activity plus we could have some fresh fruits or vegetables. Shortly after this statement, I find myself in the Wal-Mart gardening department with Lee telling me to pick out what I want to grow. We got caught up in the moment and bought some flower seeds, gardening tools, pots, soil, and vegetable and fruit seeds.

Later, I’m thinking….what in the world are we doing? I’ve never worked out in the yard in my life. It was the one thing at home that I begged not to do. I made a deal with my parents that I would do ANYTHING to clean inside the house as long as they didn’t make me work in the yard.

Well, this weekend…I worked in our yard. We spent the whole day Saturday outside. Lee worked in the backyard tilling up land for our garden and I worked along the side and front of the house cleaning out flowerbeds and planting new flowers. Every pack of seeds we bought said “Guaranteed to Grow.” So, we’ll see about that!

I’m planning to blog about our progress. Below are some pictures of our yard before and after. Also, there are some pictures of the work that took place Saturday.

Corner between house and laundry room
Before:


After:


Flowerbeds beside steps leading to laundry room
Before:




After:



Our Garden Spot (it's still a work in progress, so there's no after pic yet)
Before:


Working Hard:




I hope everything turns out like it is supposed to. I will keep you posted.

No comments: