I had been counting down for a while, but FINALLY the day arrived for my SPRING BREAK! It had been a long time since the Christmas break. You could tell everyone was in desperate need of a break.
As soon as the bell rang on Friday, I watched my students walk out to the bus and then I grabbed my stuff and was out the door. I felt like skipping and singing to my car. I rushed home to quickly change. Then, Lee and I jumped in my car again. He was taking me to Durham to meet up with Ben who was my ride home. Ahead of me was a 10 hour car ride with Ben and Jesse.
We arrived at my house at about 1:30 A.M. My parents helped me unload my stuff and then when my mom finally left my room, I was able to go to bed.
On Saturday, I had a roomies photo shoot with my former roommate and best friend, Courtney Carr. We took pictures at Willow Walk and Landmark Park. It was a hard day for a photoshoot because the wind was blowing like crazy. When our hunger got the best of us, we made a quick stop at LaBamba’s to grab a snack. Then, we went back to Courtney’s house where she made chicken and dumplings. We later ate that along with peas and rolls….very yummy dinner. We also watched the new Harry Potter movie.
On Sunday, I attended church with my family and then we had our traditional Sunday lunch at LaBamba’s. I was so excited at church because we sang one of my favorite songs-“Hosanna.” That afternoon, mom and I watched a movie and then I took a nap. That night, I was excited to get to attend the youth musical “Prodigal.” The youth and Bro. Tim did a great job! It really made me miss my days in youth choir. After church that night, I met Ashley for dinner at The Red Elephant and dessert at California Yogurt Kraze-another yummy dinner and dessert.
I spent most of Monday hanging out with my Meemaw. I also got a chance to do a rockin’ body workout with Lindsey, Courtney, and Caitlin. Next, mom took me to my cousin’s house to give him and his wife a baby gift and to see their nursery. My new little 2nd cousin, Evan DeShazo should arrive in the next month. Then, I had a delicious dinner at The Blue Plate with my entire family plus Jacob’s girlfriend.
I spent Tuesday morning at the daycare with mom. It’s so fun to see those kids growing up. Mom got off at lunchtime and we went to eat at LaParilla for Lee since he couldn’t be there. Then, we went shopping. I was able to get more clothes that I can wear to work. I also was able to visit the Dothan Hobby Lobby. Visiting Hobby Lobby is always fun! Tuesday was also Lindsey’s birthday and her mom wanted to surprise her. So, her mom took her shopping and then brought her to O’Charley’s where her dad, Courtney, Caitlin, my mom, and I were there to surprise her. After dinner, I went to Courtney’s to watch a few of our favorite shows that she had DVRed.
Wednesday morning, I tried to relax. Although, I admit I got kind of bored because I was home alone. That afternoon, I went to Justin and Jessica’s to visit with them and see their house. Andrea came over after school and then we all went to 5 Guys where I also got to meet Andrea’s boyfriend. I had to leave soon after getting there, though, because I had to go back home and cook lasagna for dinner. My Meemaw came over to have dinner with us on my last night at home.
Thursday morning we woke up early and packed the car. My parents drove me half way where Lee met us at Cracker Barrel for lunch. After visiting for a while, I got in the car with Lee where we headed back to Roxboro while my parents headed back to Headland. Thursday night we had to stay up late because we were going to have to stay up late Friday night. I only made it to midnight. (I don’t do late).
Friday morning we slept in and then got ready to head to Wake Forest. We ran a few errands and ate at Moe’s. Then, we went to the seminary for the Secret Church simulcast. This was a very interesting experience. It was an intense, fast paced Bible study led by David Platt. Its purpose is to bring awareness to the persecuted church in other countries and to create in us the same desire they have to study God’s word. This simulcast ended at about 1:30 A.M. So, we didn’t get home and in bed until about 3:30.
Of course, we slept the entire morning. Then, Lee ran some errands while I sat home and was very lazy. When Lee got home, he cut the grass and cleaned up the yard while I continued to be very lazy.
I can’t believe that Spring Break is almost over! I’d been counting down and looking forward to it for weeks and now it’s almost over.
Tomorrow is Easter. A day when we remember what Jesus did for us on the cross and how it allows us to have a personal relationship with God. It’s also a day that I traditionally spend with my family going to church and eating lunch and just hanging out. I’m sad knowing that they will be doing all that tomorrow without me. It makes it even sadder thinking that tomorrow is also my last day before getting back into the routine of work.
I had a great Spring Break-I just wish it was longer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment