Blogging tips

Friday, October 14, 2011

First Couponing Experience

Yesterday afternoon I made a last minute decision to go pick up a few groceries. It was a last minute decision because I take a class at the seminary at 7:00 on Thursdays and I decided to take this trip at about 5:45. I needed to go to the grocery store because I had promised my students that I would bring them a special treat, so I was going to make them a cookie cake. Since I was already going to have to buy cookie dough, I thought I might as well pick up some other things that we needed as well. Plus when I checked my email and Southern Savers, I found many items at a good price.

So, Thursday afternoon I made my first coupon inspired grocery-shopping trip. For more on my coupon preparations click here.

Here is a picture of my purchases.

I bought the following items:
• 3 boxes of hamburger helper
• Charmin toilet paper
• 2 bottles of hair gel
• 2 bags of bagels
• 2 loaves of bread
• 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
• 2 rolls of cookie dough
• 1 bag of taco blend shredded cheese
• 1 bag of mozzarella shredded cheese

At Harris Teeter, these items would have rang up to cost $50.34 (without tax). Do you want to take a guess of how much I paid for them? Go ahead guess………..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I only paid $26.44 (with tax) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am kind of proud of my first coupon inspired grocery-shopping trip.

Here’s how I did it:
I had special prices available to me with my Harris Teeter VIC card.
The Hamburger Helper was on sale for $1 a box.
I had a coupon for $0.75 off when you buy 3 Hamburger Helpers.
Harris Teeter doubles all coupons less than $0.99.
So, I paid $1.50 for 3 boxes of Hamburger Helper.
The Charmin toilet paper was on sale for $9.89.
I had an e-VIC coupon for $1.00 off Charmin toilet paper.
So, I paid $8.89 for Charmin toilet paper.
The hair gel was buy 1 get 1 free.
I had a coupon for $1.00 off the hair gel.
So, I paid $1.99 for two bottles of hair gel.
The bagels were buy 1 get 1 free.
So, I paid $3.69 for two bags of bagels.
The bread was buy 1 get 1 free.
I had a coupon for $0.75 off bread.
Harris Teeter doubles all coupons less than $0.99.
So, I paid $1.49 for two loaves of bread.
The biscuits were buy 1 get 1 free.
I had a coupon for $1.00 off biscuits.
So, I paid $0.79 for 2 cans of biscuits.
The cookie dough was on sale 2 for $5.00.
I had an e-VIC coupon for $1.00 off when you buy 2 rolls of cookie dough.
So, I paid $4.00 for 2 rolls of cookie dough.
The shredded cheese was on sale buy 1 get 1 free.
So, I paid $2.65 for 2 bags of shredded cheese.

I saved $25.13-according to my receipt.




No comments: