Blogging tips

Monday, April 23, 2012

Mini Reese's + Chocolate Chip Cookies = BEST COOKIES EVER

I follow a blog called Tatertots & Jello which has a lot of great do it yourself ideas. A couple of days ago, a guest blogger posted a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies involved adding cut up mini Reese's. I LOVE mini Reese's. I knew I had to pin this recipe and try it later.

 You can view the recipe here.
 
How cute is this? She put the cookies in a jar along with a mini jar of Reese's as a gift.

Well, later became this weekend. I had a craving for chocolate and I felt like baking. It just so  happened that we were going to Walmart this weekend, so I felt like that was a sign that I should make the cookies. I already had most of the ingredients. I just needed mini Reese's and a box of instant vanilla pudding.

I was a little worried, though, because I've never really liked any homemade cookies that I've baked. I don't know if I never had a good recipe or if I did something wrong. I've always preferred just scooping out pre-made cookie dough. So, I tried not to get my hopes up too much in case they didn't taste good. 

I baked them on Sunday and this recipe yielded 4 dozen cookies! This could either be a blessing or a disaster. Sunday night, I was finally able to try one and it tasted....DELICIOUS! This recipe was a success! I definitely recommend it. 

 Packed away and ready to share because as much as I want to eat them all by myself...I have a friend's wedding in a few weeks and I have to fit in my bridesmaids' dress.
Look at those big chunks of chocolate deliciousness.

1 comment:

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i know a man in my life that would just freak out if i ever made these. i should one day. when i really, really want something out of it. i'm so nice! thanks for posting this.
xx jes, www.twosmuppies.com