About a month ago, I shared some random blog thoughts and mentioned that I planned to take a blog break in June. I started truly blogging in March 2012 and never would have imagined how much work it was to grow and maintain a blog. Things really took off in about September and from September to December, I blogged nonstop. I blogged almost every single day. It was exhausting! When 2013 rolled around, I set a goal to fix my blog so that it got back to being a hobby I enjoyed instead of a second job. It worked! I started blogging only about 3 times a week and I started blogging about topics I wanted to blog about. I stopped participating in every sponsorship, link up, giveaway, blog hop, etc. opportunity that came my way.
Over the past few month, though, I just started losing steam. I didn't want to blog. I would blog a couple times a week and I wouldn't bother promoting it that much. Emails would go unanswered. I wasn't reading other people's blogs as much. I decided that it was long past time for me to take a break. I'm tracked out in June and usually I work on my blog a lot when I'm tracked out, but this time I'm going to try and stay away from technology as much as possible and just relax.
I'm going to visit my parents in a few days and I plan on unplugging while there. Lee and I have also mentioned taking a little vacation before I start back to work in July. My plan is to be back on June 28 to participate in Dancing with Ashley's Favorite Things link up and use it as a way to update you on what I hope will be a wonderful month. I also hope to make a few changes when I return to continue to improve my blog.
I hope that all of you have a wonderful few weeks! I hope you're still around when I get back! Do you have big plans for the month of June?
What better way to end this post than with a picture of me with a mustache?!? See you in 3 weeks!

8 comments:
Enjoy the time away! We'll miss you :)
You will be missed but ENJOY YOUR BREAK!!!!!!
Seems like everyone I know is taking a bloggy break. I will be taking mine in July. I hope your break is nice. I will miss you!
.
Good for you!! See you at Ashley's link up at the end of the month :)
I will miss you! BUT I dont blame you. In fact i may follow your lead and take one myself ;) I think it is healthy to take a break from all the technology sometimes. I hope you have a great summer. Stay in touch whenever you can.
Be Blessed,
Cat
Have fun on your break. I took a 5 month break once. Sometimes you need that to recoup. Best wishes Linda
I'm glad you're doing this. I went thought a blogging down time during the winter where I just didn't want to write at all...I didn't even want to be near my computer. A break helps a lot. I'm back in full swing now and I'm glad I did it. Enjoy your time off and enjoy the visit with your family! :)
Blogging breaks are a good thing! And it's so nice to unplug every now and then. Can't wait to read your post next week!
Post a Comment