Shortly before I graduated from high school, my parents finally (in my mind) bought me a car. Now that I'm older (and wiser), I realize how fortunate I am that my parents bought me a car at all. I realize that they didn't have to do this. I realize that there are parents who are unable to or don't buy their teenagers cars.
My car was worth the wait because it was very nice. It was only a year old and had low mileage. It was a used car, but had never been owned by anyone. It drove great.
Here I am leaving the dealership on the day my parents bought it for me.
Driving to school for the first time in my car.
This car saw me through college. It was our "getaway" car after we got married. We went on our honeymoon in this car. My dad signed the title over to me when we moved to North Carolina and it was such a great feeling when we decided to buy Lee a new truck to not have to worry about any car payments for my car.

As I mentioned, we decided to buy Lee a new truck a few years ago. His vehicle was older and mine had many more good years left. Our plan was to keep my car for several more years. We planned on getting me a new car either when we could afford it or we had two children so we would need something bigger.
Well, that plan may have gone out the window on Monday. Monday was a work day for me and we had "Meet the Teacher Night" for the upcoming school year. My coworker and I were walking out the back door because that door was closer to our vehicles. As we were coming up on the parking lot, we heard a car accelerating and braking; we saw this car jump the curb as they rounded a curve; then, we heard more acceleration and some crashes. I just knew.
This is what we saw:
Now, I'm not going to share the story that was given to us because honestly the facts don't all add up and it's just very frustrating. I'll let you imagine your own story. As you can see, my car was hit (quite hard) and you can't really tell from the picture, but my coworker's car (the black Expedition) was hit as well. Then, the car at fault ended up completely in the bushes.
Keep in mind, this happened in a PARKING LOT! How do you destroy a car like this in a PARKING LOT?!?
It was a long night as we spent about 3 hours in the parking lot between waiting on the police officer to show up, having him write his report, and waiting on a tow truck. I was just sick. I could barely look at my car.
I KNOW it's just a car. I KNOW things could have been worse. There was actually a family walking nearby at the time this happened. I KNOW life isn't fair and you have to just take it as it comes at you. But seriously, life has thrown A LOT at us since we've been married. We've never had a "honeymoon" stage of marital bliss. We've been dealing with life from day 1. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because God has always provided for us and I know He will provide in this situation as well.
I'm just frustrated because this was not part of the plan. I have worried myself too much with thinking "what if." It's also frustrating because it is in NO WAY my fault. My car was innocently parked at my work place. In other frustrating news, it's that way because we don't have the money to just go off and buy another car. So, if we have to get another vehicle it probably won't be what I'd really want.
At this point, we're not 100% sure it's totaled, but it seems that it might be. It's pretty messed up. I've kind of already convinced myself that it is so that if it is I'll be okay with it and if it's not it'll be a great surprise. I'm not going to lie, I've cried a little about this. This car has sentimental value to me. It was my first car. My dad worked hard to earn the money to buy me that car. It was paid off. I knew all it's little imperfections. I was used to it.
Needless to say, this was not the way I wanted to start off my summer. I hope yours has started off better than mine!











11 comments:
Your poor car! :( What on earth was that driver doing?! I hope everything works out for the best, and thank God no one was hurt!
Wow, I'm sure there's some made up story from the driver of that car because I was rear ended on Mother's Day and the hot headed teenager claims stuff, didn't want me to call police, etc but man sometimes people just do whatever they can to play victim. I hope they have insurance cause they're going to need it!
Bless your heart!! I am SO sorry! I hope everything gets straightened out in your favor ASAP! What part of NC do you live in?? I live in NC too! :)
Oh my gosh!! That driver HAD to be drunk...!? Your poor car, I'm sorry that happened! I hope it's either fixable, or you get something awesome to replace it that you can make new memories in!
ahhh sad! :( my family recently had to say goodbye to our sixteen year old car. 16 years is a lot of time for sentimental value, so it was pretty sad!
really sucks - hope everything works out well!
Oh no :( You're right that it could have been worse, but that doesn't mean that you don't get to be upset! Vehicles are a pretty major part of our lives, and dealing with the practicality of replacing/fixing it alone is tough...through in the sentimental value and it's heartbreaking sometimes!
How horrible! This would have made me cry lots of tears too. :( Hopefully it isn't totaled... but if it is I hope your next car has many more happy memories as this one did.
Omg! I totally didn't expect this post to have a sad ending. I'm so sorry to hear about your car! I can only assume that the driver responsible for the damage (the one in the bushes) must have been drunk (or something) at the time because I can't fathom how someone who isn't intoxicated could do that. I really hope your insurance can compensate you for the damages and/or the only driver will.
Wow. I am happy that either one of you (or anyone else) got hurt! I am sure it was sad but I am SO SURE that God has a bigger plan for you. I am sorry but happy your okay.
I really feel sad for your car and also think that the driver who has done this should be ashamed of his mistake. But we should thank god that no one was hurt in this dangerous accident.
auto transport quotes
This was like a nightmare came to life. But even if this was a traumatic experience for you, still, it’s a good thing nothing bad happened to any of you. Your car can be repaired, but life can’t be replaced. How’s your car, anyway? -- Joellen Cirilo @ YoungsCollision.com
Post a Comment