Blogging tips

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Literary Junkies July Link Up

So...I know it's not Tuesday, but I liked the questions and wanted to participate this month.
By the Porchlight

1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.
Currently, I am reading The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. You may have seen the movie (as I have), but basically it's about a girl who dreams of being a writer for a magazine. She takes a job as the assistant to the editor of a famous fashion magazine and her boss is difficult to work for (if you can't tell by the title).
2. What book first made you fall in love with reading?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't remember a time when I didn't love to read. I grew up seeing my mom read all the time and we had a lot of books in our house and visited the library often. The first book I remember "reading" was The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree. I say "reading" because it was very repetitive and I had it memorized rather than actually reading it.
3. Summer is a great time for series.  What are your series recommendations?
I really enjoy series. You really "get to know" the characters, but it's so hard when they end. Of course, I love Harry Potter. It's my favorite. I also love the Mark of the Lion series.
4 Does a song come to mind with the book you are currently reading? If so what it is?
The best thing I can think of is "Mean" by Taylor Swift because the boss in the story is not a very nice person.

5. Are you participating in any summer reading challenges?
Yes. I'm participating in the Semi Charmed Summer Reading Challenge and The Devil Wears Prada is my book set in a state I've never visited. I'm also doing a 40 Book Challenge along with my students and will count this book I'm currently reading as a realistic fiction. I'm also slowly trying to do a 50 State Challenge and my current read will take care of New York. You can see all my challenges here. 

3 comments:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I just read the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada- it JUST came out. Definitely should read that next!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I just read the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada- it JUST came out. Definitely should read that next!

Cody Doll said...

I am so like you. I don't remember a time that I didn't read. I remember learning to read but not the same. My mother is a big book nerd too so it's where I got mine from.

I just bought the Mark of the Lion series not to long ago. I really can't wait to read them. Only problem, I don't know where I put them. I loose my book easily.