Blogging tips

Monday, November 25, 2013

Ornaments for Adoption: Resource List

Ornament orders have been keeping me busy this year. Thank you to everyone who has ordered!

Just a Small Town Girl

This week, ornament orders will get you entered for a chance to win an Minion hat. Who doesn't love those adorable yellow guys?!? Be sure to head over and like my friend, Lynne's new page Crocheting for a Cure. She's selling her creations to help raise money for breast cancer research in memory of her aunt.

If you win, you get to pick the size you want. She can make one for anyone from a newborn to an adult. 

*  *  *

This week, I wanted to keep it simple by sharing with you a list of resources I've come across in my quest to learn more about adoption and orphan care. I'd encourage you to check some of them out to educate yourself on the orphan crisis and learn more about what you can do to help.

I know there are so many other resources out there that could be added to this list. These are just organizations that I am familiar with, blogs that I actually follow and read, books that I have read, and a documentary that I have watched. If you know of other resources, please share and I'd be happy to add them to the list.


Organizations

Give 1 Save 1

Amazima

Gospel for Asia

Mercy House Kenya

Adoption Bug

Owls for Orphans

Love One More

Once was Lost

All Girls Allowed

One Simple Wish

Help One Now

Project 143

Mercy for America's Children

Children's Home Society

Bethany Christian Services

Created for Care

Together for Adoption

Lifesong for Orphans

127 Worldwide

Blogs

Light Breaks Forth

Rage Against the Minivan

Say Yes to Adoption

Living Out His Love

Our Adoption Journey

The Anderson Way of Life

Waltzing in Galoshes

Adoption Love

Chairein {Joy to You}

Satisfaction Through Christ

The Little O'Brien Family

Tiny Green Elephants

Tiny Little Footprints

Waiting on a Word

White Sugar, Brown Sugar

Books

Orphanology


Adopted for Life

Orphan Justice

Documentaries

Stuck


No comments: