Blogging tips

Monday, December 9, 2013

Ornaments for Adoption: A Message from the Thigpens

Ornaments for Adoption 2013 will officially end after today. 

Just a Small Town Girl

I am so pleased with how this year turned out. Last year, this was just a dream of mine that I might could actually help a family and raise awareness of this issue. Last year was a success and I dreamed of this year being bigger and better. I knew some things I wanted to do differently to make things go smoother and I already have ideas for improvements next year.

I have to say thank you so much to each of you who bought an ornament, spread the word, commented, and prayed for the Thigpen family. I sincerely appreciate it. I can't wait to run some final numbers and come back in January to tell you how many ornaments were sold and how much money was raised towards the Thigpen's adoption.

I also have to thank my friends who came to help me make ornaments when the orders just kept rolling in. Please be sure to also support the small businesses that donated prizes for the weekly drawings. You can find a list of those people here.


Today is THE LAST DAY to place an order. Unfortunately, I will not accept any orders after today.  Later this week, I will have one final drawing for a gift card. Everyone who bought an ornament's name will be in the drawing-even if you've already won a prize. It will be one final thank you to you for your support.

Today, I have a message to you from the Thigpens.

*  *  *

 I would first like to begin by saying THANK YOU to Megan!! This precious lady has worked so hard and diligently these last 10 weeks, and the blessing that we are receiving from her labor wouldn't be possible without her humble obedience to the call Christ has placed on her heart. So Megan, thank you so much for being an obedient servant to our Lord, for sacrificing your time and money, for using your gifts and talents in service, for ministering to us through this ministry, and for helping us bring our little one home! We are eternally grateful!

To all of you have purchased an ornament, THANK YOU! I hope in the days and years to come, the ornament that decorates your tree each year will be a reminder of how you helped an orphan find a forever family and be taught the beauty and wonder of the Gospel. I hope your ornament will also remind you of the promise Christ made, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you" (John 14:18). And I pray that you will continue to find ways to minister to the orphan as you have generously ministered an Ethiopian orphan in need this Christmas season.

As we have only just begun our journey through adoption, I know there will be long days and months ahead of waiting. The Lord has been faithful to us all along through a miscarriage and the unknown of infertility, and I know that He will provide the patience and peace we need to endure. We can't wait to bring our little one to his or her forever home, to be called "Mommy" and "Daddy" for the first time, to teach him or her about Jesus and listen to sweet bedtime prayers, to hear little squeals and giggles in a playroom, to kiss away tears and make boo-boos better, and to hopefully one day watch our little one place his or her trust in the One who offers an invitation into a family and an inheritance far better than we can ever imagine, in Christ Jesus!

Until then, we sincerely appreciate all of your prayers as we dive in head-first into the piles of paperwork, begin meeting with a social worker, and eventually just wait... The support we have received from you all so far has been such an encouragement that will keep us afloat in the days to come! Megan, Ornaments for Adoption, and all of you are a beautiful part of our adoption story!! Thank you all again, so very much! We praise the Lord and give Him the thanks for the work He has done to make this possible! Merry Christmas!!

*  *  *

Since part of my mission behind Ornaments for Adoption is raising awareness, please make sure you didn't miss any of the OFA posts from this year:

No comments: