Blogging tips

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April Literary Junkies

Pink Heels Pink Truck

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I'm currently reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I decided to read this book because I have seen so many bloggers recommend it. I also read Rainbow Rowell's book Fangirl and really enjoyed it. It's about two 16 year olds who are each other's first love. Even though they are both from very different families, they are both misfits.

2. Divergent, Hunger Games, or Twilight. Which do you prefer and why? (If you've never read them which do you think you'd prefer?)
I have read all three of these series and enjoyed them each at the time (except I wasn't a fan of Allegiant). If I had to pick one to be my favorite, it would be Hunger Games. I feel like if Allegiant had been better, it would have been a closer race between Hunger Games and Divergent. Hunger Games kept me sucked in the whole time and had me in tears for most of the last book. 

3. TV Series Based on Books they start out very close to the book to draw in the fans but then will start to separate themselves by changing things and adding characters. What are you thoughts on this?
I think it's okay and usually necessary. I think it would be impossible to make a TV series that follows a book or book series exactly because the TV show wants longevity. If they followed the book exactly, they would only be able to make a certain number of episodes. In some cases, a TV show is a huge improvement on a book series. I read the first few Vampire Diaries books and didn't like them at all, but I love the show.

4. You've just been recruited to help a movie studio bring your favorite book to the big screen. What's the movie and who are you choosing to play the main characters?

I wrote a whole post on 10 books that I thought should be made into movies.  The only one that I really thought about who should play the characters is the Hex Hall series which I think would make a good movie because so many YA books are being made into very popular movies these days. This one follows the same basic formula of other successful movies-magical creatures, teenage heroine, love traingle. When I was reading the book, I pictured Darren Criss as the main male character, Archer. I could see someone like Lucy Hale or Emma Roberts playing the main female character, Sophie. Lastly, I think a blonde Liam Hemsworth would make a great Cal.

5. Going back to the above question, do you keep it word for word the same or do you use this chance to change little things you thought would make the book better?
I understand that a few things need to be changed to keep a movie at around 2 hours. I also understand that some things need to be changed just because that helps it translate to film. Overall, though, I'd like to keep things as close to the book as possible.

6. After you finish a physical copy of a book do you keep it for a reread, put it on a shelf to collect dust, donate it to Goodwill, or do you just not purchase physical copies of books?
I don't really purchase too many books. I'm a big fan of the library. Usually, the only way I buy a book is if it is one that I already love.

Are you linking up? If not, what's a book you'd love to see made into a movie?

9 comments:

Kristin said...

If I buy a book and love it, it goes on my bookshelf. If I don't, it either goes in a box of books we tote around with us from house to house (that aren't *special* enough my the shelf) or I sell it to a used bookstore. I'm a big fan of pre-used in the case of books!

Carly said...

I love these link-ups so much! They're so fun to read through! I rarely buy actual books since I discovered the e-book rental through the library, but I tend to hold on to books-- even if I don't like them. I'm not sure why because I love used book stores, so I might need to make a trip there soon :)

Jen Mc said...

Wonderful answers! I love this link up.
Happy reading!

Blush and Barbells said...

Library fan high-five!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I love the Vampire Diaries show so I don't want to spoil it by reading the books!

Andi said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of E&P!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Yay! I love the library! I couldn't stand Allegiant either. Hope the 3rd one is better!

I'm hosting an accessories swap to benefit mental health awareness. Stop by and check it out. Hope you think about signing up!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogpsot.com

Cody Doll said...

You know if it wasn't for you posting this every month, I probably would forget. That being said, it's time to make mine.

I love your answers and it makes me want to read some new books. ;]

Taylor Bradford said...

It's been awhile since I've bought a physical copy of a book. I'm trying to read what I already have sitting on my shelves. ;) Thanks for linking up with us!! PS...I would love to see Night Circus turned into film.