For foster care adoption, we had to attend 30 hours of MAPP classes. So, we basically had classes 3 days a week. Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-9:30 and some Saturdays from 9:00-4:00. Needless to say, February was VERY busy. We also had several days of snow during February and I missed several days of school. Despite being busy, we still managed to enjoy celebrating both Lee's and my birthday (even though we had MAPP class on my birthday).
Taking a CPR class
Celebrating Lee's birthday
Enjoying one of the many snow days
We had class on my birthday and Lee had to arrive after work, so I "enjoyed" a quick (not so healthy) birthday dinner on my own (little did I know I wasn't really on my own)
Shortly after finishing MAPP classes, I noticed my period was late. I didn't think too much of it because that has happened plenty of times before. I decided if it still hadn't started by the first Monday of my track out, I'd take a pregnancy test. I'm tracked out for most of March and that first Monday came and still no period. So, I dug out an old pregnancy test I had and I really didn't expect anything of it.
Lee was sitting on the couch eating breakfast and I walked in there to him and we were both pretty shocked to see this:
I had always said I wouldn't be one of those people who took a bunch of pregnancy tests. I thought one would be enough. But I was in disbelief. Plus I'd convinced myself it may be defective since it expired in February and it was now a few days into March. So later that day, I bought two different kinds of tests and took one of each.
I scheduled a doctor's appointment for later that week and took a test a day until the day of my appointment. Then, of course, they gave me a test too. In all, I took 5 at home pregnancy tests.
We went ahead and told our parents the night of the doctor's appointment. Since we live far away, we used Facetime and this picture frame to tell them:
(first comes love...then comes marriage...then comes.... not the best thing in the world, but we threw it together last minute)
In mid April, we had our first big doctor's appointment and we got to see the baby and hear its heartbeat.
After that appointment, I told my coworkers, best friend, and extended family. A few weeks later, I announced it to my friends.
I'm glad to be past the first trimester. I have now heard Baby Hall's heartbeat twice and I look forward to seeing s/he again and finding out if it is a boy or girl.
.jpg)

1 comment:
What a blessing! This is great!
Post a Comment