I didn't participate last month, but I'm back and hoping to get back into blogging since I've been in a slump lately.
1. What are you reading? Tell us about it!
I'm currently reading 2 books.
The first one is Goodbye for Now by Laurie Frankel. It's about a man who is a software engineer who creates a computer simulation of people who have passed away as a way for their loved ones to get through their grief. Of course, things don't go as perfectly as planned. I haven't gotten too far into this one yet. It's starting off kind of slow.
I'm also reading Savannah Folklore by Nicole Carlson Easley. I recently went on a vacation to Tybee Island (outside Savannah) and picked up this book. I really enjoy buying ghost story book when I go to these historical cities. This is the first one I'm actually sitting down and reading. I've only read stories out of the other ones that I have, but never the whole thing.
2. Library or bookstore?
Library- hands down. I like to own books that I really love, but I'm not the type of person who has books shelves full of books. If I had a huge house with my own library-sure-why not? But when you live in an apartment and move a lot, books are not something you want to have a lot of. Plus the library lets you borrow them for FREE and I love free! I don't visit book stores that often because I don't usually buy books.
3. What book(s) have you read and re-read several times?
Harry Potter always has to make an appearance as an answer to one of my Literary Junkies questions. I used to reread the series once a year, but it's been several years now since I've read it. I just can't find the time to with so many new books I want to read and different book challenges that I'm participating in.
4. What is the first book that made you fall in love with reading?
I have loved to read for as long as I can remember. I think it was more a person than a book that made me fall in love with reading. My mom loves reading and set that example for me from a young age. We always had books in our house that our parents read to us. My mom took us to the library regularly and bought us books. Reading was just a normal part of life in my house growing up.
5. Who's your favorite author? Tell us so we can binge-read!
I'm not really one who cares as much about the author as I do the book, but I'll name some authors that I've read several books from and enjoyed. I always read Nicholas Sparks' books when they come out. I also enjoy Jodi Picoult, John Grisham, Emily Giffin, and Mary Higgins Clark.
Have you read anything good lately?
I'm currently reading 2 books.
The first one is Goodbye for Now by Laurie Frankel. It's about a man who is a software engineer who creates a computer simulation of people who have passed away as a way for their loved ones to get through their grief. Of course, things don't go as perfectly as planned. I haven't gotten too far into this one yet. It's starting off kind of slow.
I'm also reading Savannah Folklore by Nicole Carlson Easley. I recently went on a vacation to Tybee Island (outside Savannah) and picked up this book. I really enjoy buying ghost story book when I go to these historical cities. This is the first one I'm actually sitting down and reading. I've only read stories out of the other ones that I have, but never the whole thing.
2. Library or bookstore?
Library- hands down. I like to own books that I really love, but I'm not the type of person who has books shelves full of books. If I had a huge house with my own library-sure-why not? But when you live in an apartment and move a lot, books are not something you want to have a lot of. Plus the library lets you borrow them for FREE and I love free! I don't visit book stores that often because I don't usually buy books.
3. What book(s) have you read and re-read several times?
Harry Potter always has to make an appearance as an answer to one of my Literary Junkies questions. I used to reread the series once a year, but it's been several years now since I've read it. I just can't find the time to with so many new books I want to read and different book challenges that I'm participating in.
4. What is the first book that made you fall in love with reading?
I have loved to read for as long as I can remember. I think it was more a person than a book that made me fall in love with reading. My mom loves reading and set that example for me from a young age. We always had books in our house that our parents read to us. My mom took us to the library regularly and bought us books. Reading was just a normal part of life in my house growing up.
5. Who's your favorite author? Tell us so we can binge-read!
I'm not really one who cares as much about the author as I do the book, but I'll name some authors that I've read several books from and enjoyed. I always read Nicholas Sparks' books when they come out. I also enjoy Jodi Picoult, John Grisham, Emily Giffin, and Mary Higgins Clark.
Have you read anything good lately?

6 comments:
I'm a huge Picoult fan too! I remember going to library programs when I was really little. Goodbye For Now sounds really intriguing.
~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com
I'm a huge Picoult fan too! I remember going to library programs when I was really little. Goodbye For Now sounds really intriguing.
~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com
Love Emily Giffin! Looking forward to reading her recent book! Welcome back to the link party! Glad you linked up!!
I thought Goodbye for Now was kind of odd... it seemed to be too much. But I finished it!
I love libraries and how they offer something different than a bookstore. It's like going on a book treasure hunt!
--Brenda @Daily Mayo
Jodi Picoult has appeared in many answers to this question - I guess I'll have to read her books!
Post a Comment