A year ago, I did a Page to Screen series here on the blog where I shared why I like books better than movies and this still holds true because very often the movie just doesn't live up to the book. However, there are exceptions and some movie adaptations are pretty good. There are even some books that I would like to see become movies. There seemed to be a lot of movies coming out this year based on books. I didn't see most of them. However, there are 7 movies coming out by the end of the year that I would like to see.
1. Mockingjay- Part 1
I wasn't a huge fan of The Hunger Games as a movie. There was just too much of the story that revolved around Katniss' thoughts and I didn't think that translated well onto film. However, I enjoyed Catching Fire a lot more. I think that Mockingjay will be the best film of the series because this is where most of the action was in the books.
I read this book before I started reviewing books, so I don't have a review to share with you.
2. The Best of Me
Nicholas Sparks' books turned movies are hit or miss. A couple of them are some of my favorite movies and some of them were pretty terrible, in my opinion. I wasn't crazy about this book, but I do look forward to seeing the movie. It seems interesting how they're going to include both the story of the couple in the past and in the present. Plus I want to see how they ruin the ending because they always ruin the endings of Nicholas Sparks' movies. :)
I also read this book before I started doing book reviews so I don't have one to share.
3. Dark Places
This definitely has the potential to be a very creepy movie because it was a pretty creepy book. So, I'm not 100% sure that I'll like actually seeing the things that happened played out. I couldn't find a trailer for this movie, but you can read my review of the book to learn more on my thoughts and see more of what the story is about.
4. Gone Girl
I enjoyed this book up until the end. However, I think it has the potential to be a great thriller of a movie. Plus the book was such a huge hit that I feel like they're going to do it justice with the movie.
I read this book before I started reviewing books so I have no book review to share.
5. The Giver
This book has been on my to read list since long before I knew it would be a movie. I have many teacher friends who told me it was a must read. I just haven't gotten around to reading it. Now that the movie version is coming out, I want to be sure and read the book before I see the movie. I also look forward to it because this is one of the original dystopian novels.
6. If I Stay
This book has also been on my to read list for a while, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Even though I wanted to read it, the book description didn't fully explain to me what it was about. When I saw the trailer, I became a lot more interested in this story. So, I also want to read this book before I see this movie.
7. Serena
From what I've read, it looks like this movie was made in 2012, but they can't seem to set a release date. So, hopefully this will be released before the end of 2014. I read this book when I saw that it was going to be a movie. I found the book to be pretty disappointing and boring overall. However, I think the movie has a lot of potential especially since it's starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. There is no trailer for this movie yet and I also haven't written out an actual review on the book yet either.
Are there any movies (based on books or not) that you are looking forward to before the end of the year?








4 comments:
I'll have to check out the creepy one! If I stay is a movie i'm so looking forward to since I read the series. But I know there will be tears. And lots of them.
I can't wait for Mockingjay! The Best of Me was so sad. I don't know if I want to see it yet or not. Great list!
I am excited to see every single one of these movies. I'[m on the fence about Gone Girl because I'm not a fan of Ben Affleck BUT I still plan to see it opening weekend.
Such an excellent list! I am on the fence about seeing movies about books. If the movie isn't even close to what I felt when I read the book, I am so disappointed. And a lot of movies miss the mark. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment