Blogging tips

Friday, October 24, 2014

How I'm Preparing for Football Season

***I actually wrote this post at the beginning of September, but never published it because I needed to take a picture of my car sticker to include. I just got around to doing that in mid October. I thought I'd publish it now with some edits for information that may have changed.***

I love fall! It's my favorite season. I love the colors. I love the weather. I love the festivals. Most of all, I love football that comes with fall.

Football season is always one of the hardest times to live away from home. Watching football games on Saturdays was always something fun to do with family and friends. This year, due to work, Lee's not even around to watch football games with me.

However, that hasn't stopped me from doing some little things to welcome football season into my life.

Due to being pregnant and in the 3rd trimester, I don't have a shirt to wear to support my favorite team this year. I'm too big to wear any of the shirts I already own and there's nowhere nearby to just pick up a cheap larger one. (Maybe I'll buy one when I go home for a visit soon). *I actually did buy one when I went back to Alabama to visit my family.*

Even though my husband is not a BAMA fan, he's been a good sport and taken me to two games and both times he's sported a BAMA shirt.
As soon as it turned September, I put out our football wreath. I'm not a fan of the "house divided" stuff, so I revamped this wreath that was given to us a little bit. The football said "house divided", so I turned it over and cut out the words to show support for our two teams instead. I wish I'd taken a before and after picture to show you the difference, but I didn't...
 

Most recently, I decided that I needed a sticker for my car to show support for my team. On the first Saturday of college football, I got out my Silhouette and among other things made myself this sticker for my car. 

How do you show support for your favorite team?



No comments: