Blogging tips

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Baby Showers

I didn't mean to disappear for a month. I was tracked out of school for the last 3 weeks of September, but we were very busy. We spent a week visiting family; I organized baby stuff; I cleaned our apartment; I planned my entire 2nd quarter in preparation for Baby Hall's arrival; and we took a quick trip. Then, I've been back to work a week so I've been too tired to do much of anything.

I imagine my posts will be few and far between over the next few weeks and then I don't know when I'll be back to blogging after Baby Hall's arrival in November. We'll have to see how life goes, so I'm just warning you.

Along with everything else going on, I've had 4 baby showers in the last month. I had one in my hometown with my family and friends. I had one in Lee's hometown with his family and family friends. I had one with my coworkers and one with people from church. I enjoyed them all and appreciate everyone's generosity.

Today, I thought I'd share some pictures from those showers.

 These were from my hometown:
 These were 4 of my best friends growing up.
 My talented aunt made us this quilt after I found it and fell in love with it on Pinterest.
 I have to make sure she grows up knowing how to say, "Roll Tide."
 I love these adorable pink converses from another aunt.


These were from the shower in Lee's hometown:
 Me with the excited grandmothers

 Girl clothes are so much fun.
 A onesie Lee can appreciate


These are from my shower with my coworkers:

 One of my crafty coworkers made this adorable mobile.


These are from my shower with friends from church:


 Some of the girls in my growth group who helped make the shower possible.

It can be a bit overwhelming to experience the generosity of people. We are so blessed to have so many great family and friends in our lives. 

If I can get myself together, I'd love to share a post showing you what I am able to get done on the nursery and how I'm organizing things. 

However, on my to do list this week is to pack a hospital bag and to get the carseat installed. Do you have any suggestions of what I must have in my hospital bag? 

Linking up at Mommy Moments

11 comments:

Ashley Lee said...

Looks like you had a blast! & got tons of awesome goodies. Roll Tide by the way! :)

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Stopping by from the link up!! Love that you had so much love surrounding you from all your friends and family!!! Wishing you and easy next lil while!

loreleijayne said...

Wow! Love all the handmade! So special

Unknown said...

Wow! How awesome to have multiple showers!! You look great! Hope you got everything you need!

Unknown said...

Wow!! You have been given so many beautiful presents...that is gorgeous! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. xx

Angie Thorn said...

I love the first quilt! It's nice to visit home and be the center of attention :) And also RTR!!!

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

Okay, loved so much! Here goes: that chevron quilt is gorgeous, I love that mobile, and my daughter has those same pink converse :)

Unknown said...

lovely party! Congrats on your pregnancy! :) Lovely quilt you got as well ♥

Unknown said...

That quilt and mobile are too cute! Congratulations!

Annie - XOAnnie.com, etc. said...

FOUR baby showerS?! Awesome! Is the woman standing next to you in the 1st pic your mom? You look SO much alike! How cool :).

Looks like you had a blast and that it was quite an eventful, party-filled month.. Congrats! Now rest, haha.

Tiffany Khyla said...

I've only been to two baby showers in my life, but they're always great fun. Congratulations. She should be popping out soon!