Blogging tips

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Children's E-Book Review and Giveaway: Candy and the Cankersaur

**I received an electronic copy of this book for review purposes. All opinions are my own.**

Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I hope to instill my love of reading in my daughter and any future children. Even though she's just under 5 months, I read to her every night as part of our bedtime routine.


Even though I still love holding a book in my hand, there are definitely benefits to having e-books available for your children as well. They are easy to travel with and you can have them on your phone (which you always have with you) to entertain your child on demand. 

Today, I'm teaming up with Jason Sandberg to give away 10 copies of his e-book, Candy and the Cankersaur.  

Candy and the Cankersaur is a picture book about a girl who receives a dinosaur as a gift and her determination to train him to be a good pet.  It's a fun homage to Syd Hoff and will make all dinosaur-crazy boys and girls happy. 

You can learn more about Jason Sandberg on his website or you can view information about Candy and the Cankersaur or more of his e-books on his e-book page.

As it was intended, this book reminded me of books from my childhood. The illustrations are eye catching and the story is simple while still teaching a  few good lessons. I like that even though the main character, Candy, is showered with gifts from her rich father, she is not spoiled. The story points out how she shares her fancy toys and she is quick to forgive. I think these are important qualities for children to see in a character. I also like how the "bad" character doesn't stay bad. The events of the story change him and he's redeemed in the end. As a teacher, I see a lot of opportunities in this story to make predictions, analyze characters, and make inferences.


Now, it's your turn to win a copy of this e-book to share with your little one(s)! Enter using the Rafflecopter below. 


No comments: