Well hello everyone! I honestly thought my blogging days
were over. I had no intentions of reopening this blog.
I don’t want to go into all the details, but life has thrown us A LOT of curveballs since you last heard from me. Let’s just
say it’s involved multiple heath issues in the family, moving halfway across
the country in the summer and moving back to my hometown in the fall, losing
jobs, and in some ways losing hope (not to sound too dramatic, but it sort of
feels like any of our plans for our life aren’t going to come to fruition).
I started blogging during my last spring in college-right
before I got married and moved away. I wanted to use it as a way to keep my
family and friends updated on my life. I also just enjoyed writing out my
thoughts and feelings on certain topics. For about a year, that’s all my blog
really was. Then, I started seeing a few people I knew being “real bloggers”
and I became interested in doing this as well. So, I started growing my blog. I
did sponsorships and link ups and commented and was active on social media and
tried to make my post pinnable and all the other things you’re supposed to do
when you grow a blog. IT. WAS. EXHAUSTING. Around the time we were expecting
our daughter, I began to get burnt out-which is why I slowed down my blogging A LOT (that plus being pregnant). Then, after having Baby Hall it was all too much. So, I made the decision to quit blogging. I even made my blog private and deleted my blog Facebook page. However, I missed the writing part of blogging. I missed sharing my ideas. There were so many times something would happen or I'd think of something and I thought about how I was going to blog about it---and then I remembered I don't blog anymore.
It hit me one day that I could continue to blog as long as I went about it with this mindset-I'm blogging for myself. I don't want to focus on the numbers. I don't really care if people are reading. I don't want to feel like I have to blog so many times a week, promote myself constantly on social media, comment on other blogs, create pinnable images, participate in link ups, etc. I want to write when I have something I want to share. If only 5 people read it, then only 5 people read it. That is how I started out and it was so much more enjoyable that way...
* * *
I will probably share on Twitter when I write a post and I'm going to try and use my Instagram account more often. I won't be recreating a Facebook page because it was pretty useless anyway. I'm also very active on Pinterest if you're interested.
2 comments:
I'm so glad to see your back. I was really sad to see you go. I stopped blogging too because I felt it was a job, a big big job. But at the same time, I miss it too and have been thinking about going back to blogging.
Sorry to hear you have had a rough year. I hope 2016 is better for you.
Welcome back, Megan! I was wondering about you a few days ago, so it's cool to see you again around the blogosphere. Blogging has changed and it's become way more exhausting, so you're right, blogging for ourselves is key and helps keep us sane amid all that craziness.
Post a Comment