Blogging tips

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I'm Starting 21 Day Fix

I know it's super cliche to kick off a fitness goal at the beginning of the year. I also know I've said every year that I'm going to get healthier. But this year I HAVE got to make a change and I've been inspired by many friends/acquaintances that I've seen with amazing before and after photos. 

I didn't gain a freshman 15. I actually was the skinniest I've ever been during my freshman year of college. I maintained a decent weight throughout college, but something just happened after I got married. My best guess is that I increased my snacking and decreased my activity. I've set out to get healthier many times before and I would be successful for a while, but nothing has ever been long term. I laugh now thinking about how I actually was REALLY motivated about 2 years ago. I wrote a blog post and everything and then I literally took a pregnancy test that same day, found out we were expecting, and all that fitness stuff went out the window.

Before becoming pregnant, I was already at my highest weight. While pregnant, my weight gain was average. Now, I look back at pictures from after Baby K was born and I looked better then than I do now-thanks breastfeeding! Once I stopped pumping, I steadily gained weight.

**I have some confessions. I still wear some of my maternity clothes. 98% of the time I wear leggings or yoga pants. I can't fit into the majority of my clothes. I refuse to buy pants in the size I would need because I can't believe I'm that size. I stepped on a scale the other day and was shocked. I have to do something!**

Enter-the 21 Day Fix. I had been considering Weight Watchers. It worked for my mom and I'd followed the program on my own and it worked for me as well. I also just considered counting calories which is also something that has worked for me in the past. A couple of problems with Weight Watchers for me was that it would involve a monthly payment and while you are encouraged to eat healthier and watch your portions, processed foods are an acceptable part of this program. I knew I'd have to be very self motivated to just count calories on my own. 


I heard about the 21 Day Fix and really liked the simplicity of the containers. With counting calories, there's always some guess work about how many calories you're taking in and if you're eating the right portion. I also liked that the program came with workouts. This program encourages real food which is the way I'd prefer to eat.  I'm hoping that after losing the weight I'd like to lose, I'll have created healthier eating habits and made them part of my lifestyle.


I went shopping yesterday and I barely ventured into the inner grocery aisles. My cart was colorful and full of healthy foods. One of the reasons I wanted to go back to blogging was to share about my journey with 21 Day Fix (and what I hope will be a lifestyle and physical transformation). I hope it will help keep me accountable. Along with posting occasionally on here, I'll probably post more often on my instagram. I hope you'll follow along and if you're on a weight loss journey as well, I'd love to know about it!!

No comments: