Well.... getting healthy is always such a battle. My biggest struggle is that I don't want to just "diet" or "lose weight," I want to change my lifestyle. Last year, I actually was on the way to doing this. I was
working towards more of a real food diet. I
kept at those steps for a while, but slowly went back to many of my bad habits. One habit that we have kept is that I buy better meat (grass fed and no added hormones), but the rest of them I no longer do.
This year
I set a goal to lose weight and change my lifestyle to be healthier. I actually started the year off really well. I worked out consistently and I counted my calories. I lost 5 pounds in about 2 weeks.
Then, life got CRAZY. We moved to a new apartment. Several of my coworkers were out for a week at a time with family emergencies or sickness. We had 8 snow days that threw off our routine. Plus, some other stuff that I'm not ready to share about yet. I got lazy with my health. I stopped working out and I started eating whatever I felt like. I gained back all my weight, but luckily no extra.
I'm
tracked out for a few weeks and I'm DETERMINED to get back on track with healthier eating, counting calories, and working out. Of course, I want to lose weight, but more than that I want to be healthier. I want a healthier lifestyle.
{I'm ready for this to be the "before" picture in a before/after collage.}
I'm wanting to share more about this journey on my blog so that I'm more accountable to it. I'd love to do a weekly or bi-weekly healthy lifestyle update. Plus, I'm currently reading
Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food by Lysa TerKeurst. I plan to share more thoughts about that book this week and in the coming weeks until I finish it.
Getting healthy starts today. A few weeks ago, my husband got a
Fitbit for himself and last week he got me one. It counts your steps, miles walked, calories burned, and active minutes. It will also track your sleep. You can use the app to set goals and you can put in the food you eat so that it can help you count calories. I'm going to use my Fitbit, the Fitbit app, and the
My Fitness Pal app to help me with my goals.
How do you motivate yourself to be healthy? Do you use any gadgets, apps, etc. to help you with your goals?
2 comments:
get it girl!:-)
Accountability is huge for truly making change! I am prou d of you for your dedication and determination :) I will be praying for consistency and commitment :)
Post a Comment