Tuesday, March 18, 2014
March Literary Junkies
Happy Tuesday! The month is already halfway over and it's time for my favorite book related link up. Each month there are new questions to answer. If you love to read, you should join in!
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
At the time of me writing this, I'm not really reading anything. I am reading Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, not Food which basically talks about how we often substitute things like food (in this case) for our true craving for God. I hope by the time this is published, I will be reading Serena by Ron Rash. I'm in the queue for it at my library and when I just checked this weekend it said it was "in transit."
2. What was your favorite series to read when you were a kid?
Like many girls, I really enjoyed reading The Babysitter's Club when I was younger. I always fantasized about starting my own babysitting club with my friends. Since I can never just give one answer, I also enjoyed the Sweet Valley High series, American Girl series, The Face on the Milk Carton series, Nancy Drew, and books by Lurlene McDaniel (All of her books were about young people with life threatening health conditions like heart transplants or cancer. I read her books until I starting becoming paranoid that I had cancer.)
Bonus* Two fun series that I didn't read as a kid, but love reading to my 4th grade class every year are the Wayside School series and the Fudge series. Even as an adult, I find these books hilarious.
3. The world is ending: What 3 books do you save from your collection in hopes to contribute to whatever new society forms?
Well, I would save my Bible, the Harry Potter series (it counts as ONE book!), and Wonder. I'd save the Bible because I believe that would be the foundation on which a new society would need to be built. I would save Harry Potter because it's my favorite series ever and I think there are so many important morals and lessons to be learned about love and friendship in this series. Then, I would save Wonder because I would hope that a new society could learn from it to treat all people with dignity and respect and that just because some looks or acts different, doesn't mean they're any less of a person.
4. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
If I had to pick a favorite genre, it would be historical fiction. I enjoy it because I feel like I'm learning things while reading. Even though the stories are made up, many facts, feelings, situation, etc. are historically accurate. I also enjoy historical fiction because it transports you to a new place and time.
5. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
This Wasn't Part of the Plan by Megan Hall. I'm a big planner, but I feel like most things in my life don't go "according to plan." I'm learning to be okay with that.
6. What is next on your "to-read" list? Tell us about it!
Serena- which I hope to have soon.
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell- I simply know it's a love story and I enjoyed her other book (Fangirl) that I read, so I feel like I'll enjoy this one.
The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (from Glee)- It is about a set of twins who find themselves transported to a fairy tale world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Wonder was such a good book! Great choice.
http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/literary-junkies-15/
Oh my gosh I had forgot about The Face on the Milk Carton series until you just mentioned it! I listed the Babysitter's Club as well, but I definitely did love reading the American Girl series too! Love the name you'd choose for you book!
I totally forgot about Lurlene McDaniel! I read all of her books, too. I loved your three book choices-good stuff. :) Thanks for linking up with us at Literary Junkies!
Sara
I also forgot about Lurlene McDaniel, I was totally addicted to her! And the Judy Bloom books too!
I'm happy to see E&P on your to-read list! It's such a great book.
I'm still on the wait list for Serena at my library!
I think we would've got along as children! Quite a few of those kids books are on my list - and I counted the Harry Potter series as one too!
These are just awesome. I probably should link up too.
I loved to read Lurlene McDaniels too!! They always made me cry
I read The Face on the Milk Carton when I was in middle school! When you said it I just had to look it up again and they have a new cover for the book...it is super creepy! I was going to buy the book to put in my "library" in my room at school but now I am not so sure. haha
Post a Comment