Wow! I can’t believe it’s a new year! Last year was so crazy. I started off the year with my internship. On top of internship, I had to plan a wedding, prepare for marriage, search for a job in a new state, and get things situated to move. Looking back, I’m not sure how I managed to keep my sanity during all of this. Then, in May, I graduated from Troy University. Looking back I realize how many great memories I made in college. It was so much fun to live with friends and always have someone to talk to, hang out with, or make crazy videos with.
During the summer, I was blessed to be given many showers by my wonderful friends, family, and church family. In May, two of my friends got married. Both had beautiful ceremonies and fun receptions. I also began working at the daycare for the final time. The wedding was getting closer and closer so we were getting busier and busier making wedding plans, attending pre-wedding counseling, and packing to move to NC. I had always lived in the same house, so I had never moved before. I learned quickly that it is not something I want to do often.
On July 17, Lee and I got married. It was an awesome day! We put a lot of work into it and I think it went perfectly. We kept our ceremony very simple and focused on God and our desire to honor Him in our marriage. Then, we had a fun reception with food, dancing, an ice cream bar, and a photo booth. Looking back I honestly only remember bits and pieces of it, but I love looking at the pictures and watching the video from it. Being married has seemed very natural, not easy, but natural. I admit, I was worried about how Lee and I would do living together because we’d never been around each other for long periods of time. However, it has gone very well.
After a weeklong honeymoon in Gatlinburg, we returned to Graceville to take care of some business and finish packing Lee’s apartment. Then, we stayed with my parents for a few days before moving to North Carolina. Moving to North Carolina was another completely new experience. The farthest I’d ever lived from home was when I was in Troy, which was only an hour away. On top of moving to a new area, I didn’t have a job. Lee would be attending school at the seminary and working part time at the church. I needed a job. Lee and I had been very proactive in trying to get me a job. I had sent out countless resumes, made numerous phone calls, sent many emails, and went to several interviews. I’ll admit we were getting a little discouraged as the days in August kept going by. About a week before school started, I got a job! I am now a second grade teacher at Woodland Elementary School.
For the past four and a half months, we’ve been pretty busy with work, church, and school (for Lee). Lee surprised me a week before Thanksgiving and told me we could go home for Thanksgiving. I was so excited! Lee’s parents had visited us in October and my parents had visited us at the beginning of November. This just wasn’t the same as going home. So, during my Thanksgiving break, we took a quick trip to Headland. When we returned, it was nice to know there were only a few more weeks left before Christmas break.
During my Christmas break, we went to Orange Park first to spend time with Lee’s family. Then, we stopped in Tallahassee on our way to Headland to visit Lee’s brother and his family. We arrived in Headland in time to attend the Christmas Eve service. Then, we spent Christmas day with my mom’s side of the family. While home, I also had the opportunity to sing with my Simple Offering friends, hang out with my girl friends, and have some good girl talk. We also watched some home movies and I caught Babbles up on Glee. I was not ready to come back. Now, that we’re back-I’m not ready to go back to work!
Well, 2010 was an exciting year full of a lot of life changing events. As 2011 begins, I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment