Blogging tips

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pinning!



I have found a new website to be completely addicted to. I’ve had several websites steal my attention away from other things I should be doing over the years. I’ve wasted time on websites where I can morph two people’s pictures together, websites where I can give people makeovers, websites where I can read all about movies, websites where I could stick people’s faces on dancing people or creatures set to music, and websites where I can read all kind of facts about favorite book series just to name a few.

Up until recently there were two main websites that I would have considered myself “addicted” to. In my college years I spent long amounts of time on youtube. There are so many funny videos and video series. One video always leads to another because they make recommendations after each video. My roommate and I would enjoy sharing these videos with one another and sharing laughs over them. Some of our best inside jokes have come from youtube videos. (“You brought a snack?” and “Bring back the rofelmayo” to name a few) I also spend large amounts of time on facebook. I enjoy it even more now that I’m 10 hours away from home because it’s a great way to keep up with what is going on with everyone. However, recent changes are making me not like it so much.

In the last month I have learned about www.pinterest.com and I am now addicted. It is a place where you can share ideas and get ideas from others. For example, if I was reading someone’s blog and found an idea for making a cute Christmas wreath I could click my “pin it” button and it would put a picture on my pinterest account along with a link to the website. You can also view the website and see pins made by people you follow or pins made by anyone using pinterest. If you see something you’re interested in, you click on it and follow the link to the original website. I have found many great craft ideas and recipes on there. I have also found a lot of great teaching ideas, decorating ideas, and ideas for the future. One thing that’s great about it is every time you go to the website there are new pins for you to look at. It doesn’t show you the same page you viewed last time with just a few new pins added. I enjoy it because people find all kinds of neat ideas that I would never have found on my own.

When I first starting pinning about a month ago, there were only a handful of people that I know who were also on pinterest. For some reason, its popularity has boomed recently and I now have lots of friends using it. Be warned-if you start using it, you will spend a lot of time on there because there are SO many things to look at. Pinterest has just been one of the ways I have wasted time during my break from school.

No comments: