Blogging tips

Friday, September 23, 2011

They're Back (and by "they" I mean "my shows")



One of the weirdest parts about working at a year round school was working when none of my shows were on. I’m a routine person. I’m used to working (or going to school in my past) and knowing on certain days that I had one of my shows to look forward to. When I was in college, watching shows with my roomies was always so much fun.

Being in school and then becoming a teacher has my body and mind believing that when you’re working or in school-shows should be on and when you’re off and relaxing-nothing good is on TV. However, I worked an entire 9 weeks with none of my shows to come home to.

I did feel my summer with some guilty pleasures like Toddlers and Tiaras and Keeping Up with the Kardashians (Don’t judge me…these “reality” shows suck you in. Just ask Lee about Jersey Shore)

Anyway…but now fall shows are back in full swing! In our house this equals a full DVR and occasional fighting over the remote.

One of my new favorites to watch is The Sing Off. These people have major talent and a capella is awesome! This was my favorite performance from the first episode.



The other competition show I enjoy, Dancing with the Stars is also back. Lee dislikes this one the most because it takes up so much recording time. I must admit that it won’t start getting interesting until a few more people have been eliminated and the competition gets tougher.


So far, he's been my favorite. He did a great job plus his positive outlook on life is inspiring.

Then, I have my “must discuss with bestie” shows: Glee and Vampire Diaries.

My one question from Glee is this: Why does the “cool” kid have a mullet?


The last show I’m watching is Desperate Housewives and I admit I’m glad this is the final season. This is one of those shows that I started watching several years ago and have continued to watch simply because I want to see how it ends. I’m ready to move on. This is also how I felt with Lost. It seems you can only keep a show interesting for so long.

So I’m glad to now have my shows to look forward to. Some may argue that watching these types of shows can be a waste of time and also that our lives shouldn’t revolve around our TV schedule. Lee and I have even discussed this ourselves. For me, though, these shows provide me with a chance to sit back and relax. It’s almost an excuse to sit down and focus on nothing else but being entertained (even though I often am doing something else while watching).

No comments: