Blogging tips

Friday, May 4, 2012

I {Heart} Lists

When I was younger, I used to get stressed out and overwhelmed so easily. I would sometimes get sick feeling because of this. One day, though, I learned a little secret to help me not to feel so overwhelmed. 

I make lists.

This has made a huge difference in my life and it's such a simple thing. I don't know why it works, but it does. There's just something about taking that idea or thing to-do floating around in my head and putting it on paper that relieves me. Maybe it's because I don't feel like I have to think about it anymore.

I make a to-do list about every day. I also have a list of more long term goals that I would like to accomplish in the next few months. My classroom desk is full of lists. To-do lists, ideas for next year lists, lists of kids who are missing work, etc. 

It's so satisfying to cross something off your list. It makes you feel like you've really accomplished something. 

I {Heart} Lists.

Here's my to-do list for the weekend:
-vacuum
-dust
-straighten up
-clean bathroom
-empty dishwasher
-wash clothes
-write blog for Monday
-grade scrapbooks
-grade reading tests
-work on Bible study homework
-write a letter to Alan
-make a dessert for Sunday
-buy candy for students  


1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am also a fan of lists!!!!! Can't make it through my day without one.