I married my best friend, my soul mate, the one I had been waiting for my whole life.
All the planning and the preparations were over. This was the day.
It flashed by in a blur. If I didn't have the pictures, I wouldn't remember all the details.
We chose to see each other before the wedding. I am so glad I did this for many reasons:
1. It made the moment of the "reveal" special because it was just the two of us. (My photographer took a few pictures and then left for a little while.)
2. It made the ceremony itself less nerve racking.
3. We were able to get ALL our pictures done before the wedding. This freed us up to go immediately to the reception and enjoy the party.
4. We were able to hang out together before our ceremony with our friends and family.
5. We were able to go somewhere alone to pray together before our ceremony.
6. Not seeing each other before the ceremony is simply a human made tradition. If you choose to participate in it, that's fine. It's also fine if you don't. I've never known of someone to get divorced and claim the reason as "I saw the bride before the wedding ceremony."
We were then able to relax, have fun, and take our time taking plenty of pictures together.
| Candid shot |
Our families get along wonderfully which is such a blessing.
| We had a rose for each of our grandparents that had passed away and were not able to be with us on our big day. |
| Lee's family |
| My family |
| My Meemaw |
Our wedding party consisted of some of our "old" friends we've had our entire life and some of our "new" friends we met more recently. We also had my brother, Lee's sister, and our niece and nephew as part of our wedding party. They are each very special to us and we're glad they were able to be a part of our wedding.
We tried to keep our ceremony focused on God and how he blessed us in our individual lives, how he brought us together, and how we want him to be central in our marriage.

I can't believe it's been 2 years!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I love wedding pictures...and I really love your bouquet!
Post a Comment