As I'm trying to think back over the month and pick my favorite things, it's easier to think of all the negative things rather than the good. This has not been the greatest month for us, but I don't want to focus on that.

Here are my favorite things from the month of July:
1. I've gained new followers! I've done several link ups this month as well as continued to stay active with my posting and commenting. I've also swapped buttons with some new people. I hope my blog will continue to grow and thank you if you're a follower (old or new) of my blog.

2. Meeting our new neighbors. We live in seminary student housing. In December and May, the majority of the people moved out of our apartment building. It was pretty lonely. In the past month, several new couples have moved in. We've been able to meet them and have dinner with some of them. I hope to continue to build a friendship with them.
3. Meeting my new class. The beginning of the year is not my favorite time. You have to spend so much time teaching rules and expectations. You're not in the routine. However, I did enjoy getting a new class. It's also great to be at a school more than one year. I'm able to see my students from last year as they walk down the hall to their 5th grade class. My new class is sweet and I look forward to teaching them the rest of the year.
4. Taking the boat out. Lee borrowed his parent's boat for the summer/fall. This month we went out a couple of times. I really enjoy going out on the water and just enjoying the beauty of nature.
5. Our anniversary was the 17th. Lee and I have been married for 2 years now. In honor of our anniversary, I wrote 4 blogs: How Do You Know?, 2 Years Ago, 10 Things I've Learned in Our 2 Years of Marriage, and Meet the Mr. Last year, we went to Disney World for our anniversary. This year we're hoping to take a trip to the mountains in the fall. On our actual anniversary, we went to the movies.
It's almost August! Where has the year gone? What were your favorite things about July?


3 comments:
Look at you being positive :) Love it!!
Hopped over from Ashley's blog!
You just gained one more follower ;-)
I love that quote from Harry Potter. So true!
Happy belated anniversary!
What's been going on girl?? I hope August is much better for you. I do love the Dumbledore quote...so awesome and so true.
Can't wait to hear about your mountains anniversary trip!
Post a Comment