It's the age old question so many people ask. How do you know when you've found "the one"?
I can remember joking with my friends and saying that we wished God would just put arrows over people's heads that said things like "Jane Smith's future husband." I mean how much easier would that be and it would save people a lot of heartbreak.
So, anyway...back to the question. I used to ask my mom that question and you know what her answer always was- "you just know." You just know? What kind of answer is that? How do you just know?
This never made sense to me until I just knew for myself.
![]() |
| That's how you know he loves you.
That's how you know it's true... |
So, anyway...back to the question. I used to ask my mom that question and you know what her answer always was- "you just know." You just know? What kind of answer is that? How do you just know?
This never made sense to me until I just knew for myself.
Back at the end of 2006, my life wasn't exactly going as I would have hoped. Going off to college was harder than I thought it would be. I felt like I was only having bad luck in the guy department and would never find "the one." To better understand my state during this time, you can read Our Love Story: Part 1. I spent a lot of time in prayer and finally just gave all my guy troubles over to God. I felt at peace after this and knew that I needed to wait for God's timing.
Well, often God's timing is a lot slower than our timing, but not this time. The next day, Lee and I hung out with some mutual friends. This set off us becoming friends on Facebook, messaging each other, talking on the phone, and hanging out.
For our first date, we had dinner with two of my friends and then Lee and I went to the movies. He took me back to where my car was and I just had this feeling. This is going to be your last first date. This is it. This is the one. I continued to have this feeling every time we hung out during the first few months. I admit, it was actually a little scary. You always dream of finding "the one" and then when you do, you realize your life is about to change.
It changes for the better, though. It's a wonderful feeling to find that person who complements you so well and will spend the rest of their life with you.
![]() |
| Our first picture together |
Tomorrow will mark our 2 year anniversary. So this week's post will be dedicated to celebrating our marriage.


1 comment:
This is SO sweet! Happy 2 years! We're hitting our 2 years a week from yours! It's funny, I totally get asked this question all the time, and I never really know what to say. I think in retrospect, I really had a lot of "this is life-changing" feelings, but I didn't want to trust them because I didn't know if it was from God yet. Obviously it worked out : ) And I totally agree about God's timing. I prayed so hard for the right guy, and then I prayed for what felt like FOREVER for my future hubby when I knew and liked him. Lastly, I love that movie : )
Post a Comment