Blogging tips

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

10 Secrets

Today, I am linking up with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.


This seemed like a fun link up because it will continue for several weeks and each week is something different!

Today is 10 secrets. Now, this one concerns me a little...if I tell you guys...it won't be a secret anymore now will it? :)

My secrets are going to be things that I haven't shared with the blog world yet and probably very few people already know about me. 

Well, here it goes...

1. I sneak snacks into the movie theater...ssshhh. When I was younger, my mom did this and I didn't realize it was against the rules, so I'd start asking loudly where my such and such was and my mom would be like "sssshhhh." One time my friend and I snuck Checkers' fries into the theater and we opened her purse and the smell filled the theater.

2. I used to dip chips in ketchup. I also eat pickles dipped in ketchup which people have always looked at me weird about.

3.I have a freckle in the middle of my right palm. It used to be very noticeable, but it's faded as I've gotten older. That was how I always told my right hand from my left hand. If someone said "turn to your right," I'd do a quick palm check. It's only been in the last few years that I haven't done that as much.

4. I once hit one of my cousins with our golf cart-whoops...never told my parents that...I guess they'll know now if my mom reads this.

5. I used to apologize to my stuffed animals when I got angry and threw them or something. I wanted to be safe in case they came to life. Don't laugh...didn't you see Toy Story? or Small Soldiers?

6. I got one of these inflatable alien things one year at a festival in my town. It freaked me out so much. I thought it might come to life so I deflated it and shoved it under my bed. Yea...I was a little paranoid when I was younger.

7. I enjoyed The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, but didn't think they were as great as everyone made them out to be on Facebook.

8. I still like to watch those cheesy movies that come on Disney or ABCFamily. I also occasionally get into a Lifetime movie.

9. I hate when people point out my accent or comment on how I say a word (especially words with the long I sound). Yes, I know I have a southern accent. This was never a problem until I moved away from Alabama.

10. Sometimes, I talk to myself in the car. It makes the drive go by faster and it helps me think through things.

Whew! I feel like that was confessions time. Those were the best "secrets" I could come up with.

You should go link up. It's fun!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the gfc blog hop! I'm a total ketchup dipper too...I'd put it on every food if I could!

Anonymous said...

I should really start sneaking snacks in to the movies, I swear every time I go they up the prices on their popcorn and candy!
Hopefully your mom doesn't read what happened! That is too funny :D I'm assuming they are all okay haha!!
I did the same thing with my stuffed animals, I wanted them to like me in case they came to life one night.
I also get caught up watching those cheesy movies :D & I talk to myself in the car, or I talk to my son who is strapped in and can't get away from my nonstop jabbering haha.
Great secrets!
Stopping by from the 10 Day You Challenge ♥

Victoria said...

love these!!

i watch jsut about any lifteime or hallmark channel movie :)

happy tuesday!

Bethany said...

I use to apologize to my stuffed animals too! I'm from TN and when we visit my husband's family in MI I am always mocked. It makes me so mad!

New follower
Bethany

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Good thing I am not the only person that talks to myself in the car! I always sneak things into movie theaters. It is the best way! Thanks for linking up!

Sapir @ The Sapphire Queen said...

Oh man! When I was little I was always convinced that my toys could come to life! Wouldn't that have been a sight to behold?
And I love accents! Both of my parents have accents and when I was little the mean kids would make fun of me for it, but I loved that I could always recognize their voices in the crowd :)

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

One time, I took a whole McDonalds chicken nugget into the theater. And a can of coke. People def turned around when they heard the pfffsssssst of the can. Movie theaters don't sell cans! LOL

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

Oh my gosh Megan! I sneak snacks too! Always have!! Everytime we take a drink we have to wait til the loud previews start and sloooowly open it up so no one can hear it! Lol how funny! I've had a blog for a while now but I'd love for you to stop in and check it out! Thanks!

Amy S said...

BAHAHAHAHAAH short of knocking my cousin down with anything LOL I pretty much could have written these! LOL thats hilarious! when I was pregnant with my son, I took burger king in the movie theater LOL (We dont have movie theaters on our island).... hav a great night!

Unknown said...

seriously, who doesn't sneak snacks in a movie theatre..right?! haha

Have a fantastic day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Bah yes--dipping chips in ketchup! So good :)! OMG--We always sneak candy into movie theaters...It's so convenient to have such a big purse. I'm a huge ABC family channel girl--PLL...I never miss an episode. Thanks again for linking up!

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

I love Southern accents...love em and I'm CA born and raised!!!

I posted my Secret 10 also

Lauren

http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A friend once talked me into sneaking a Subway 6" into the theater in my big purse. I felt so guilty, though, that it stayed in my purse the entire show. It had all my favorite fixins on it, too.

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

Haha, i've totally snuck wine in a water bottle into a movie theatre before... Is that bad? :) Stumbled across your blog from Tiffany's link up!

Unknown said...

AHH!!! That blow up Alien scared me so bad when I was younger. We had won it at the fair, well I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night and when I shut the door it was standing straight up behind the door. I think I peed my pants!! lol

Im your newest follower

Http://www.mymakeupboxes.blogspot.com

XOXO Tiffany