Blogging tips

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

9 Loves

Today, I am linking up again with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.

I had so much fun last week reading everyone's "secrets." I think this week's list will be much easier to come up with. This week is 9 loves.

Here it goes...

1. I love my husband. He is my best friend and the one person I never get tired of talking to and hanging out with. He is the one person I can be totally and completely honest with. I love him with a love that is more than a feeling. It is a sacrificial love. It is an action. I daily choose to lay aside my own selfish desires to show my love for my husband.
Nothing like a real serious one to start out with :)
2. I love my family and friends. They have shaped me into the person I am today. They have filled my life with fun memories and good times. They are what I miss the most about living so far away.


3. I love books! I talk about reading a lot on my blog because I love it so much. Reading can transport you to another time and place. I get so caught up in a good story. I love when a book is so good that you don't want to put it down. Then, I hate when it's over and you wish the story would continue on and on and on.
Pinned Image 
 Pinned Image
Pinned Image

4. I love a clean and organized house. I actually kind of love cleaning (sometimes). I can only deal with things being out of place or messy for a short amount of time.
I would be one of the people with OCD about cleaning :)

5. I love music. I enjoy turning the music up load while I'm working around the house or driving in the car. I also really enjoy singing and miss being a part of various choirs and my friends' singing group.
Wouldn't it be fun if life were like a musical!?
6. I love giving. I have found that giving to others brings me so much joy. I can't even describe how it makes me feel. I get more excited about giving gifts and things to others than receiving them myself.


7. I love Oreo Blizzards, Oreo McFlurries, Oreo Sonic Blasts, Cookies and Cream milkshakes. Basically, if it's Oreos and ice cream...I love it!

 

8. I love traveling. I love to go and visit new places. I wish we could do it more often.


 

9. I love pictures. I am a little bit obsessed with taking and looking at pictures. I'm so glad we have digital cameras now. I have photo album upon photo album full of pictures. I finally had to realize that I can't print every picture I take so now I keep digital files of them. I also love making Shutterfly books of big events. Then, I could spend hours looking back at pictures. I guess I love it because it takes me back to those moments.

Some of my random pictures:








I felt the need to explain this one. We were trying to get a jumping picture using the self timer. We had jumped and jumped and jumped. It wasn't working. Instead of catching jumping pictures...we caught funny faces and reactions like this one.
Now that I'm through...I think this one was harder than '10 secrets.' It was easy to come up with things I love. It was hard to pick just 9 things!

7 comments:

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

Omg, OREOS! I love those too...if the list was longer, those would have eventually made my list too!!! They are my kryptonite!!

Great list...love how you described your love for your hubby. :)

Lauren

http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your list! I'm definitely the OCD one too! I always see those posts on FB about 'dirty dishes means my family eats, dirty house means my kids have fun' yadayadayada, but really my kids eat & have fun too, I just clean up after them.
I also loved the eCard about fictional characters! haha, I talked about them as if they were real all the time & people who haven't read the book think i'm crazy!

Jen said...

Reading is definitely one of my loves!

Victoria said...

oreo blizzards are perfection!!

great list.

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Love your list! Pictures are always tons of fun! I just totally agree with all your pics about reading! SO true! Thanks for linking up again!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Ahh Oreo blizzards are my fav too! And I'm a big fan of giving--seriously, this is why I love birthdays/Christmas/any gift giving occasion. I love to spend (way too much) time researching gift ideas for people to make sure it's something thoughtful and that I know they will enjoy. Thank you so much for taking the time to link up--can't wait to read your answers next week.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful loves, Megan! I'm right there with you when it comes to books. And oreo blizzards..oh me..that ranks right up there with pasta..ha! I love all the pics you posted and had a good chuckle from some of them especially the last one with your explanation.