This week, I have something very special to share with you. Jo from Jo, My Gosh! (How cute is that blog name?!?) is sharing a YUMMY recipe. My mom made these at Christmas time and they are irresistible. If you're on a diet, you might want to stop right now. Otherwise, keep reading and pin this for future reference. I know I am!
* * *
Hi! I'm Jo! I'm so excited that I'm on Megan's sidebar and that she's allowed me to share a recipe on her space on the web! I blog at Jo, My Gosh! where I'm chronicling my fiance's year-long deployment to Afghanistan, recipes, crafts, care packages, wedding planning, and everything in between. I'd love for you to join me!
When I was in elementary school, our cafeteria would make chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. That was good, but it didn't hold a candle to the lunch that came the next day. Without fail, it would be peanut butter ball day. That's right. Lunch's dessert would be a plastic cup with a giant ball of peanut butter frosting in it. That icing was worth trading Gushers and Dunkaroos for. Yes, it was that amazing.
I found the recipe on Pinterest. It's one of those viral recipes that really have no credibility other than that it's been shared a trillion times, but it looked intriguing, so I just had to try it! I halved the recipe simply because I didn't have enough of the ingredients and it still made almost 40 truffles. I can't even imagine what I would do with 80 truffles, other than gorge myself and give up on fitting into my wedding dress.
But here's the best part: When I tried one, I was back in my elementary school's cafeteria. The taste was exactly the same. Exactly. Try a little bit of heaven and make these for yourself!
I found the recipe on Pinterest. It's one of those viral recipes that really have no credibility other than that it's been shared a trillion times, but it looked intriguing, so I just had to try it! I halved the recipe simply because I didn't have enough of the ingredients and it still made almost 40 truffles. I can't even imagine what I would do with 80 truffles, other than gorge myself and give up on fitting into my wedding dress.
But here's the best part: When I tried one, I was back in my elementary school's cafeteria. The taste was exactly the same. Exactly. Try a little bit of heaven and make these for yourself!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- oil to add for melting chocolate
Directions:
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, cereal, sugar, and melted butter until completely incorporated. Add a little bit of extra peanut butter if you need the mixture to stick together more firmly.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a foil-covered cookie sheet. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- In a microwavable-safe container, mix chocolate chips and about 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Mix and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until chips are completely melted, stirring at intervals. Add oil for a thinner chocolate consistency.
- Dip truffles into chocolate and place back on tray. Chill in the fridge until chocolate is hardened.

2 comments:
Those look delicious!
Those look a lot easier than the ones I was going to attempt to make for girls night that involved cookie dough!
Post a Comment