Blogging tips

Monday, May 6, 2013

I don't always wash my hair...

I decided about a year ago that I needed to work on helping my hair become healthier. This past June, I stopped straightening my hair. It's only been straightened twice since then. A few months after that, I decided to start washing my hair every other day.

Not washing my hair every day was hard for me because my hair is SO oily and greasy. Some people can go days without washing their hair and it looks fine. That is not me! So, every other day my hair is pulled up in a pony tail, messy bun, side braid, or something similar. I do use dry shampoo, but it doesn't seem to help that much.

Here's one of my favorite solutions for those "no-wash" days.

A headband, particularly a wide one, is the perfect solution for hiding oily hair. This particular headband was in my bag of goodies from the NC Blogger Buzz Spring Meet-up. 


You can get your own lace headband from Gertie & Baxter.


I also recently bought 2 double strand headband from Raydiant Apparel.


Thanks to Gertie & Baxter and Raydiant Apparel for sponsoring our blogger meet up!

What's your favorite hairstyle on a bad hair day or a no wash day?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I remember back when I was in junior high and the home ec teacher told us washing your hair everyday was bad. I thought, "uh there is a crap load of hair product in my hair, I have to". This was back when you poofed your hair (early 90s). I now don't wash it everyday. The last time I washed was on Thursday and I will wash again tonight. I leave it longer when I straighten it.

Kouponing Kayla said...

Are we long lost twins? My hair is exactly the SAME way - I wash my hair every other day because anything longer than that just does not work. I rarely ever straighten my hair because I just have so much of it that it takes forever to do.

I usually just wear my hair up in a messy bun. I am definitely going to check out those headbands!

Ashley said...

SO cute!!!! I love that headband on you...I want to see the double strand one as well when you get it!

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

Love that headband! After reading your post I decided to try out not washing my hair every day. It's hard for me to do too, because my hair gets oily fast. I LOVE dry shampoo {the Suave kind smells really good} so that and headbands are also my go-to. Thanks for the inspiration!