Blogging tips

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween: Throwback Thursday Style

Wow, October is over. The year is almost over. Where does the time go? 



Since today is Halloween and it's Thursday, I thought I'd do a little Throwback Thursday post. Here's my  Halloween Throwback Thursday Edition. I'm going to share some throwback pictures of me in some of my favorite Halloween costumes through the years.

My First Halloween
Yes, my mother dressed me as a devil for my first Halloween.

Coolest Characters from My Childhood
I loved ninja turtles when I was younger, so I needed to be one for Halloween.

The Year of the Lost Accessory
The year I was a princess, I went to a Halloween party and lost my magical wand. I was devastated. My mom worked hard gluing that glittery star cut out to that stick. (And my brother is a female kangaroo.)

The Recycled Costume
This year I was a butterfly in a play at church. Naturally, that meant I also was a butterfly for Halloween. 

The Only Time I was a Cheerleader
High socks, pigtails, and all!

Flashback to the 50s
I remember thinking this was one of the best costumes ever. I loved having my own poodle skirt. I even wore it to school. 

I'm Too Old to Buy a Costume but...
I was starting to get to that age where I didn't want to be too into Halloween because that wasn't cool, but I still wanted to participate. I think I'm my dad....he worked at Sony and works with tools. 

Ballin'
For a church carnival, my mom and I raided my brother's basketball stuff. We were in character because we were running the basketball game at the carnival. 

Meet the Flinstones
This costume served me well for 2 years. This is the last time I really dressed up for Halloween. 

What's one of your favorite Halloween costumes that you dressed up in?

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

too cute! i never really get into halloween. just not my thing but i do have some funny costumes once in awhile :)

Ashley said...

I was a "50s girl" for like, 5 years in a row. I loved wearing a poodle skirt! I really liked this post, Megan! So fun to see all your cute costumes!