Blogging tips

Thursday, October 3, 2013

What type of American accent do I have? Find out here.

Instead of doing useful things, like fixing dinner- I was reading blogs and saw Kera from Nugget on a Budget doing this link up from Not in Jersey. I decided this would be something fun to try. I've never posted a video before, so this is a first.


It's definitely fun to get to hear what other bloggers sound like and now you'll know what I sound like.




What type of accent do you have? 

6 comments:

Megan said...

it's interesting, when you say most of the words the same, you get midland. but so far I'm one of the only ones I saw saying the words differently! maybe they need to include some more words in there! thanks for linking up!

Megan said...

I love American accents! I'm from England and our accent is so boring, I've always wished I grew up in the U.S :) x

www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

Megan said...

I can definitely hear a bit of southern twang in your voice!! :)


I just took the quiz on that site and it says I have a North Central accent...like the Dakotas, Minnesota, etc. I guess that's SORT of close, I'm from the Northwest, but I definitely don't say my "o"s like I'm from Minnesota or North Dakota! ;)

Megan said...

Lol Megan I'm SO glad you did this quiz too! It was fun seeing you and hearing your voice ~ I now feel like I've actually met you in person...I wish! You say some of the things the same as me, but mostly you have a different accent, which I figured would be true since you're from Alabama and still live in the South, which I've only lived in Virginia for 4 years {and in the DC area ~ so not really the South!}.

Megan said...

That's funny that you say that. I'm sure most Americans think the opposite. We think American accents are boring and British accents are interesting. It's all about perspective! :)

Megan said...

Haha...videos will have to do for now. :) It does add a new dimension to your blogging when you do videos. I'm actually inspired to do more. We'll see...