Blogging tips

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas!! Apartment Christmas Tour!! Going Offline!!

Christmas is upon us, so I thought I'd give you a little tour of our Christmas decor. Decorating an apartment is tricky. We don't have a fireplace and mantle. We can't hang lights outside. We barely have room for a tree. BUT I love Christmas decorations and we do our best to make it work.

Last year, I finally got enough pieces that I can set out my Willow Tree nativity. Up until last year, I only had a sheep and a goat. :)

With no mantle, I decided to hang our stockings from the book case. I also used it to display my Grinch drawings. 

Since I have plenty of wreaths, I figured why not hang some inside like on this closet door. 

Our table is all set and hasn't been used in months. :) I also want some Christmas napkin rings, but haven't been able to find any. 

I love this little sign we got on our honeymoon. 

This is another treasure from our honeymoon. 

I made this framed chalkboard earlier in the year and recently added a Christmas verse. 

Lee's shelf didn't need to miss out on my Christmas drawings. 

On top of the bookcase is the glittery Joy to the World nativity. 

A fun sign I made at a craft night with my friends. 

 More wreaths needed a place to hang.

A Christmas craft hanging on our door. 

An idea taken from Pinterest that I love. 

 The centerpiece on our coffee table

The Grinch and Max hang out on our loveseat.

 Lighted garland outlines our sliding glass door and beautiful blinds. :)

I love my gingerbread man spoon rest. 

And my gingerbread man hand towel. 

Last, but not least is our tree which we rearranged the living room for so that it would fit.

Anyway...I've decided that with Christmas approaching and due to my feelings of social media/blogger burn out-I've decided to go offline for a week or so. Social media-as I've shared before- can be both a blessing and a curse. It can become an addiction and it makes it so easy to compare your life to others. Christmas is a time for joy and comparison robs you of joy. I don't want to spend my Christmas ill because so and so is doing this or so and so has that. Christmas is also a time to spend with loved ones. Social media takes up time that could be spent on making memories. I want to spend time with the people I'm with, not online. I don't want to be that person who's always checking their phone. I'm going to have my husband hide my computer and I'm removing social media apps from my phone. I will be back some time after Christmas. We'll see how this goes. I have some end of the year stuff scheduled for the blog after Christmas. I look forward to seeing what the new year has in store for me and my blog.

Lastly, I want to wish you and your family a 
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
#santaselfie

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Very festive...love the Pinterest snowman! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! :)

Angi said...

I love all your decorations, especially that nativity and your table set up!

I completely agree w/ you re: the social media thing. I recently deleted my Twitter for the same reasons, and honestly don't know if I'll go back to it, or if I just need a nice long break.

Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!

Cody Doll said...

I totally agree with the social media. Last weekend that was me. My phone had died and I was suck in bed all weekend recovering.It was nice though. James and I were able to hang out and talk. =]

Being Reese 2 said...

That's where you disappeared to! I was on hiatus when you made the announcement about the name change, so I lost you for a minute there.

I love your Christmas decor! Especially the Grinch. So playful. I'll need one of these next year for my hubby.