Last year, I may have bit off more than I could chew when I planned out 13 goals for 2013. This year, I'm going to be more realistic. I decided to choose 4 things I really want to focus on. Also, I decided to choose 4 general areas, but I want to set mini goals throughout the year to help me stay focused. I know most of them are very cliche resolutions, but I'm very optimistic that I'm going to stick to it.
1. By the end of the year, I want to have a consistent quiet time.
Mini Goal: This month, I want to focus on reading my Bible and spending time in prayer at least 2 days a week.
2. By the end of the year, I want to have lost at least 30 pounds and be more toned. I also want to have healthier eating habits.
Mini Goal: This month, I want to count my calories at least 3 days a week. I want to make better food choices (example: less sweets, less fried food, etc.). I want to work out at least 3 days a week. I would love to lose 10 pounds by the end of February.
3. By the end of the year, I want to pay off half our debt. (This may be a long shot, but we can try)
Mini Goal: This month, I would like to keep track of where we are spending money and look for ways to cut back. At the end of the month, I want to create a budget for February that we STICK to.
4. By the end of the year, I want to feel more like I'm making each day count.
Note: This goal may seem vague, but I feel like I'm in a rut. Life is just routine. Don't get me wrong, I like routine. However, I need to stop sitting around and letting life pass me by. I want to travel more, go to new places, experience new things, make memories, etc.
Mini Goal: This month, I want to do something I've never done before.
What are your goals for 2014? Any tips for sticking to it?
5 comments:
YES to #1 and #4! I'm so, so, so bad about having quiet times. SO bad. It's time to quit just feeling guilty about it and DO something about it!!! So you are not alone. :)
These are awesome goals. I love that you included a mini goal for the month. I think you can do all of these. I am so with you on the quiet time. I want to start I just don't know where. Are you joining any online studies or are you doing it on your own?
I can't wait to see you progress.
you go girl! cannot wait to watch you transform and really focus on these goals. i too would love to get TONE and not just loose weight.
This last goal is one of mine too. I feel like I just keep on trucking. I want to live for the Lord and enjoy what He has given us!
I think it's a great idea to focus on just a few goals that define big chunks or areas of your life! (Besides, it's easier to remember what your goals are when you have so many of them!
Post a Comment