Blogging tips

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ornaments for Adoption: Ornament for the Thigpens

Another successful year of Ornaments for Adoption has passed. I'm working on planning to get together with the Thigpens to give them the money raised. Then, I'll be able to let you know how it went and give you an update on their adoption. You can also keep up with their adoption on their new blog.

Just a Small Town Girl

For now, I want to share with you the ornament I made for them. Each year, I like to make a special ornament for the family to help them remember Ornaments for Adoption. Since the Thigpens are adopting from Ethiopia, I decided to incorporate that into the ornament. Then, my husband had a WONDERFUL idea. He said I should print out the names of all the people who bought ornaments and put that inside the Thigpens' ornament. I thought that was a great way to remind them of all the people who supported them. One day, they can show it to their child and it can be a part of their adoption story.

Printing out the names of all the families who bought ornaments or helped me make them:

Then I cut out each family's name, curled it, and put it in the ornament. There were SO many names. They barely fit. 

The front of the ornament says LOVE with Africa as the O.

The back says Ornaments for Adoption 2013.

I was so happy to give it to them and they loved it. I'm glad my husband apparently has a crafty side!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful ornament! I'm sure they will love it! :)

Kristen said...

That is totally awesome!! What a wonderful keepsake! It's fun to think our names are in there and now we'll hang on their tree every year. Lol!

Andrea H. said...

I love the ornament! Such a great idea :) I know they will absolutely cherish it!

Annie - XOAnnie.com, etc. said...

What an adorable ornament! OMG this is such a cool idea-so simple and yet so perfect. So happy the project turned out this great!

Cody Doll said...

That is soo cute. I love that you put the names inside. Such a cute idea.