If you love to read, this is one link up you don't want to miss out on. I love answering these book related questions each month.
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I'm currently reading Wither by Lauren DeStefano. It's another dystopian YA trilogy. In this one, some genetic mistake has made it where all females only live to be 20 and all males only live to be 25. There are some people still alive who were around before this death sentence happened. The rich ones are trying to find a way to keep people alive longer and young girls are taken to be brides and bear children. The main character, Rhine, has been taken away from her twin brother to be a bride and she wants to find a way to escape. That's about all I know so far...
2. What books are on your bedside table at the moment?
By my bedside is George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans and Pathways to the Common Core: Accelerating Achievement which are two nonfiction books I'm working my way through. I also have 3 copies of the Bible on my bedside table. One is my large study Bible NIV translation. Then, I also have 2 smaller Bibles in different translations. Lastly, I have several Bible study workbooks (too many to list here). Although, I will list my favorite one- By His Wounds You are Healed which is a study through the book of Ephesians.
3. Amazon recently released the 100 books to read in a lifetime. What did they miss that you would add?
I definitely saw some on there that I wouldn't have included. Not that they're bad books, but I don't necessarily think they're the "top 100." The books I would add are coming more from a perspective of my beliefs. I would add the Bible, Kisses from Katie, Orphan Justice, and 7: an experimental mutiny against excess simply because those are books that have had a tremendous impact on my life. Outside of my beliefs, I would add Wonder. I think it is a book that everyone should read-children through adults.
4. Are there any books being published in 2014 that you are anxiously awaiting? If so, what are they?
I wouldn't say I'm "anxiously" awaiting any releases. I do want to read City of Heavenly Fire since I've read the previous 5 books in the Mortal Instruments series. Unless I'm reading an incomplete series, I'm not really one of those people who's up on the upcoming books. I usually find out about them after their already released.
5. Name the next 3 books in your To Be Read List (the ones you will be reading next on your list.)
I'm waiting on Serena and Labor Day to come in at the library, so I'm hoping to read those next. I also will be wanting to read the book that comes after Wither, called Fever.
Are you reading anything good right now? Are you waiting on something good to read next?

9 comments:
Great answers! I enjoy this link up
The book you're reading now sounds interesting although I'd be long gone!
Wither is on hold for at the library! I'm excited to go pick it up!
I've been wanting to read Wither for awhile. Wonder and Serena were so good!
http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/literary-junkies-14/
I have so many books on hold at the library! I'm pretty sure they will all be available at once and then I won't be able to read them fast enough!
Oh the book you currently reading sounds amazing!! I love YA books!
I just put the Wither series on my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation!
Serena is what we are reading for the Literary Junkies book club for our March chat! Looking forward to reading it! Thanks for linking up!
If you like the YA dystopias, have you read Birthmarked? I just finished it (the first in a trilogy). Really good!
Post a Comment