Blogging tips

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowpocalypse 2014

I know to those of you living in the north all of this may seem a little silly, but you have to remember that snow like this is not normal in the south. Plus, the south isn't prepared for snow like this.

About 2 weeks ago, we had a "big" snow. Schools closed for 4 days.

 Sidewalk completely covered
I thought this picture turned out beautiful with the sun coming up.

Well, we went through a week of normalcy but the snow has returned! It snowed for several hours straight yesterday. Once it started, I think many businesses decided to let their employees go. So, everyone was out on the road at the same time with snow coming down really hard. My husband was one of those people. A drive that should have taken 35 minutes took him almost 3 hours. Other friends shared how it took them 2 and a half to 4 and a half hours to get home. 

I'm glad he got home safely and we were able to go out together and play a little in the snow and take some pictures.

The fun part is...more snow is expected to start this afternoon. I don't expect to be back at work until Monday which would mean 3 more days of school missed.

So, I hope wherever you are you're staying warm. I'll leave you with some of our pictures from yesterday.

 Lee and I on our walk through the woods
The same bridge and pond from the earlier picture and then me making snow angels

 The snow was so fluffy and fun to throw
 We fed the geese
The road and sidewalk completely covered

2 comments:

Cody Doll said...

I have never seen snow before. Wow, I didn't know that roads could be covered like that. Just amazing and COLD.

Rachel said...

I think I'd rather live in a place where business let employees leave when snow started falling. Yes, Michigan has road equipment and that helps a lot....but man the roads are really scary, there are lots of slide-offs and nothing closes, life goes on as usual. We've had over 100 inches of snowfall this year...and the college that I graduated from hasn't closed once.