Even though Baby Hall is coming in November, I'm going to attempt to complete the Winter Book Challenge. This is my preliminary list and I may change my mind about what I'm reading as the months go on. I also want to see what other people are reading to get ideas.
Semi Charmed Winter Book Challenge
For complete rules and categories, visit Semi-Charmed Kind of Life's post.
5 points: Freebie! Read any book that fits the general rules.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
10 points: Read a book written by an author who has published at least 10 books.
The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
10 points: Read a book of short stories.
The Best Short Stories of O. Henry by O. Henry
10 points: Read a book with a food in the title.
All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant
15 points: Read the first book in a series that is new to you.
The Selection by Kiera Cass
15 points: Read a book that was originally written in a language that is not your native language.
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
15 points: Read a book written by a local author (either an
author from your state if you live in the United States, or from your
country if you live somewhere else).
Undecided- I'll probably reread a Nicholas Sparks' book that I haven't read in a while.
20 points: Read a "bookish book" (in which books play an
important role, e.g. the setting involves a bookstore or library, a
major character is an author, or a book that celebrates reading and
books.
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
20 points: Read a book with a direction in the title (e.g. north, south, east, west or any combination of those).
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
25 points: Read a book from a genre you don't usually read.
Carrie by Stephen King
25 points: Read a book with a song lyric in the title. Be sure to tell us the song name and artist as well!
Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark (song of the same title by Mark Schultz)
30 points: Read two books with a different meal in each title (e.g. breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, brunch).
Thirteen at Dinner by Agatha Christie and Marshmallows for Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson
Do you have any recommendations for any of these categories? I'm not set on this list.

8 comments:
Marshmallows for Breakfast is one I'm considering for the last category!
so many good books on your list! i am reading alls fair in love and cupcakes as well, and the selection. i love the jane austen book club (but i'm a huge austen fan) and i can't wait to see what you think of love in the time of cholera, its been on my list for quite some time!
I would LOVE to due this but I have no clue how to find books that fit the categories. Any suggestions on how I can find books that meet the specific criteria?
Great list! I really enjoyed If I Stay.
~Bevchen
Love In The Time of Cholera, Carrie, and East of Eden are all on my to read list. My boyfriend read East of Eden and gushed about it for ages afterwards so I'm excited to start it! Blindness by Jose Saramago is a Portuguese novel, I read it in English and loved it (although it is a really dark book). Dear Life by Alice Munro is a great collection of short stories, and In Defense of Food is an incredible book by Michael Pollan. Good luck with the challenge!
If you haven't read Brain on Fire, I really recommend it! It's a great read, especially since it's basically a true autobiography of a certain part of her life.
This is the coolest thing ever, and my goodness, I am soooo doing this on my blog! Yay!
I love your list. I hope you enjoy Carrie! Stephen King is one of my absolute favorites, so I can't count him for that category, but I'd be interested to hear what you think since that's a genre you don't read.
So many people reading East of Eden! I absolutely loved it and I'm tempted to reread it for the challenge...
Post a Comment