I recently started following The Life of the Wife and she does a fun post on Thursdays called Last Thing Thursdays where you post the last thing you ate, read, bought, etc. I thought it looked like fun, so today I am linking up and posting my own Last Thing Thursdays blog.
The Last Thing I…
Read:
Spellbound by Rachel Hawkins (from the Hex Hall series). I started reading this series when my librarian back home gave it to my mom to give to me. She thought I’d like it plus the author was from our area. When you’re from southern Alabama, it’s really cool when someone else from southern Alabama does something like write a book. Spellbound is the 3rd and final book in this series. It came out Tuesday. My hubby downloaded it on our Kindle app, and I finished it last night.
Ate:
A rice krispy covered in chocolate thingy. I don’t really know what these are called. They’re something my mom always makes for events. It’s Rice Krispies and peanut butter mixed together with some other stuff to form the bottom covered in almond bark chocolate. They are SO good. I made some last night for an event at church and it made a nice morning snack considering I woke up late.
Bought:
A new hot glue gun. I’ve been crafting a lot lately and my cheap little hot glue gun had stopped working properly. If it sat there plugged in but not being used, it just melted the glue stick inside the glue gun and then wouldn’t work when you tried to use it again. So, I bought another cheap little hot glue gun.
Pinned:
I don’t have tons of fabric scraps lying around nor can I sew, but there are some really great ideas on this website.
Watched:
Lost (season 2). My husband and I both were fans of Lost when it was coming on TV. However, the ending was a big disappointment, but the first few seasons were good. So, now that we have Netflix and I’m out of school, I’ve been rewatching Lost just for fun.
Crafted:
Headbands. I’ve been making lots of headbands recently to sell with all profits going to help families trying to adopt. You can read my post about that here or view my headbands here or here.
Graded:
North Carolina scrapbooks. Even though I’m currently out on break, a teacher’s work is never done. I’m teaching social studies to 3 of the 4th grade classes due to our switching schedule. I assigned them a North Carolina scrapbook where they have to write about different aspects of North Carolina. Due to the year-round schedule, I have 3 weeks from when one class turns in their scrapbooks before another turns theirs in. I didn’t want to wait and let about 60 scrapbooks pile up before I graded them, so I’ve been grading the first class’s books during my break. So far, they’ve done a great job and I’ve enjoyed looking at them.

4 comments:
Ok can you please make me some of those Rice Krispie things? :) YUM-O!! And I love those headbands..what an amazing thing you are doing! Go girlie!
Thanks for linking up! I'm so glad you did!
Jenna
Those headbands are adorable!!!
Thanks for the great idea! I needed a fun, more light-hearted post. My recent ones have been more serious. I've enjoyed following your blog here recently.
I may not be able to make you any Rice Krispie things, but I'd gladly give you the recipe if you'd like. They are kind of addicting.
Thanks! I've been making nothing but headbands and bows for about a week now to try and sell. Those were 2 of my favorites!
Post a Comment