So, here's my Last Thing Thursday written before I head off to work.
The Last Thing I...
Watched: Glee season 3 finale. And I give it a big thumbs down. For me, this was my final season of Glee. I really enjoyed the show during the first season. It was funny and different and I loved the music. Season 2 wasn't as good, but it was still enjoyable. Season 3 was a big disappointment. They've started trying to cram every issue there is into this show from being gay to cross dressing to suicide and domestic violence. The show is supposed to be funny. It's not a drama. Good-bye Glee!
Ate: A sugar cookie. Last night, I baked some sugar cookies for our school's volunteer appreciation thing tonight before the concert. One of them completely fell apart so I just ate it. Now, to think of what I want to eat for breakfast....
Got in the mail that is not junk or a bill: INVITATIONS, INVITATIONS, INVITATIONS! We have gotten one wedding invitation, one 1st birthday invitation, and five graduation invitations. It's that time of year. I love getting stuff in the mail that's not junk or a bill. It's exciting!
Stressed Over: End of the year stuff. I have 6 days left in this school year! My mind is reeling thinking about the things I want to do next year, but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. I have report cards to finish and all this end of the year paperwork. I have a few meetings to attend. I am also trying to reorganize and clean out the stuff in my room plus I have to move out of my classroom because we're year round and someone else is coming in to use the room I've been in.
| Yep...that's pretty much how I feel. I love to use my sticky notes. |
Was Excited About: The last 2 weeks in June. The 3rd week of June I am going on a mission trip to the Yucatan Peninsula. This will be my first time out of the country! Then when I get back, Lee and I are driving down to Florida to go to the beach with my mom's side of the family. We used to do this every year when I was growing up, but now that everyone is older we haven't done it in several years.
| I don't know if we'll see anything like this, but it was a very pretty picture. |
| I can't wait to visit those white, sandy beaches and see a beautiful sunset. |

6 comments:
visiting you from last thing thursdays!! Its my first time so i am super excited!! haha... I am so jealous of your mission trip! What an opportunity. my hubby and i actually applied to go on one to Nepal this fall, but didnt get the support we had hoped for.. Boooo. But I guess Gods timing is best!! Hope its a blast for you! =)
I remember trying to get everything ready for the end of year stuff as a teacher!! It was so stressful! Hang on...you're almost done!! :)
Thanks for linking up love!!
SO exciting about the mission trip and vacation :) I love getting mail that is not junk or bills too! Happy Thursday!
I agree 100% about Glee.
I'm totally jealous of your mission trip and of your beach trip. I'll be lucky to make it to the end of my street this summer! lol
I'm also a teacher, 5th grade math. I love finding other teacher blogs, so I am now your newest follower!!
I also gave up on Glee. I think during the 2nd season....it was just getting to be too much.
You will LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexico!! What an exciting adventure for you to go on a mission trip down there. I think the Yucatan Peninsula is gorgeous!
I was a teacher, too, before my son was born 3 years ago. I remember how stressful the end of the year is, but how sweet of your husband to bring you dinner just to hang out with you!!
Post a Comment