Blogging tips

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Gifts

One day while browsing on Pinterest, I came across this pin:


Many of you have probably seen it as well. For those of you who don't know, it's an ornament filled with a cut up wedding invitation. 

I LOVED this idea. Over my Christmas break, I made one with our wedding invitation.


Here it is hanging in the Christmas tree, but I thought it needed something else, so I updated it a month or so ago by cutting out our initial with my Cricut. 


Then, this past weekend one of my friends got married, so I made one for her as a gift.
 

I also have a cousin who is graduating from high school this year. We recently got her graduation invitation in the mail, so I thought it would be neat to make an ornament from a graduation invitation as well. 



I love the way these turn out and they're a great keepsake to remember a special day in your life. They're also very simple to make.

2 comments:

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Girl, you can absolutely "steal" the top tens : ) I don't know exactly how original it is, but it seemed like something fun to do! Glad to inspire! : )

P.S. I absolutely LOVE your Pinterest project! Looks awesome! My fave is the one with your wedding invites!

Ashley said...

Looks fantastic!!!