Blogging tips

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Start of a Summer Reading List

 
Now there's a view I love during the summer!

One of my favorite things about summer is lying on the beach and reading a good book.

Even though I read all year round, there's just something special about "summer reading."

So, I've been working on creating a summer reading list. It's not very long so far.

Usually, my summer reading list consists of a lot of girly romance novels and maybe an occasional suspense novel.

That's not happening this year. All of the books I have so far are nonfiction.

I've never been a big reader of nonfiction. One of my resolutions was to read more nonfiction. So far this year, that's one resolution I've kept.

I still would love to find a couple of good fiction books to read, but so far here's my Summer 2012 Reading List:

This is the story of a family whose 2nd daughter has Down's Syndrome. I have heard a lot of people talk about reading this and they have all greatly enjoyed it and been touched by it.
 Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected--A Memoir

2. Orphanology by Tony Merida & Rick Morton
Lee actually has Dr. Merida as a professor and I got to meet him at a conference Lee attended. 
This book teaches the how and why of caring for the orphans.
Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care

I saw a video where Susan Cain was speaking about being an introvert. It definitely caught my attention because I am an introvert and I feel that introverts are very often misunderstood. 
I'm only number 220 on my library's waiting list for this book so I may not actually get to read it this summer.
 Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

So, I definitely need more books on my list. Do you have any good suggestions? What are some good books you've read? Have you read any of these?


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like a fantastic list!