In case you missed it because of the weekend, I plan on blogging each day leading up to my mission trip. I started on Saturday. You can read 7 Days to Mexico and 6 Days to Mexico now if you would like.
Today, I started the packing process. You would think going on a mission trip, you would not need to bring a lot. However, when you're not staying in a hotel....if you need it-you bring it.
This is the start of my process after I made my trip to Target to (hopefully) get the last of my supplies.
This is the t-shirt we get for our trip.
Here's the bag I am going to check. So far I'm pleased that I still have room in here because there's a few more things I'll have to add closer to the trip.
Here's my bag that I'm going to carry on so far. I plan to carry on all my clothes and those most basic necessities and the irreplaceable things. I didn't do too much with this bag today.
And of course...I have to have a list. Here's my packing list with several things crossed off.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither
do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on
its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." -Matthew 5:14-16
This is one of my favorite ways to think about Christianity. We are to be lights in a dark world. This is my prayer for this mission trip as well as for my day to day life. Does the love of God SHINE through me?
1 comment:
So close!!! Packing is my least favorite part...well besides the unpacking. But a list definitely does help!
Post a Comment