Yesterday, I told you about our day of traveling and our first day in Tizimin. If you didn't read it, you can read Part 1 here.
We used 2 types of evangelism while in Tizimin: service evangelism and friendship evangelism. We were there to share the love of God through serving others and by getting to know people.
We did 3 main things. One thing we did was paint the outside of a church. We painted Monday morning, Tuesday morning, and Wednesday morning. Painting had its ups and downs. It rained several times while painting and messed up our paint job. So, we repainted. In the end, it did look much better than when we first got there. By painting the church, God worked in the preacher of the church's heart and rekindled his friendship with the missionary, Bill, that we were working with. This is important because this pastor is very influential and Bill wants unity among the churches in the town.
| Outside the church before... |
| The first time it rained |
| Paint just fell off the wall |
| After pictures |
The second thing we did, I mentioned yesterday. We played with the children who live outside of town. A lady built a church in this village for these children. We did this Sunday evening, Monday evening, Tuesday evening, and Friday evening. We did all kinds of crafts with them. We did things like face paint and paint fingernails. We played games with them. We also gave them goodies every day. It was funny trying to communicate with the kids. I was able to pick up on a few necessary Spanish phrases.
| One of our team members made signs to let all the people who we prayed for this week know that we had prayed for them. My husband, Lee was one of those people. |
The third thing we did was pass out flyers for a big event that DCI was sponsoring this week. While passing out flyers, we also passed out goodies. I didn't take as many pictures of this because we did it Thursday night and it was dark. Then, we did it Friday morning and it rained.
Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the night that I think had the biggest impact on everyone.










2 comments:
I can't wait to read more! What an amazing experience!!
wow! this is amazing!!! great work.
xx, Vanessa
http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment